Any contesting the Yoel / Costa decision?

Yoel vs Costa - who did you have winning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Wasn't on SD fight night, so I missed much of the post-fight discussions, but was wondering what the general consensus was after the fight in general?

It was a pretty fun, back and forth war, and Yoel seemed to inflict the more damaging punishment, based on their appearances. Paulos face was pieced up nicely.

Would there be outrage had the decision gone the other way?

Anyone feel Romero might have won this one?

I thought Yoel was losing the 1st round and then started to take over. I heard the results first then watched it, was pretty surprised although I knew Costa won. Great performance by both dudes either way.

I had Yoel winning round 2 and 3. Even though he was on the back foot in round 2 it seemed like he was landing a lot more + he got the take down

I'm glad Costa won though, at least there's new blood

Costa was moving forward but wasn’t landing anything substantial.

Yoel seemed to have got a lot more significant strikes and seemed to landing more to the upper body and head

I thought Yoel won the fight but knew they would give it to Costa .

Great fooking fight

Close fight with a fair amount of Yoel robbed sentiment.

I thought it could have gone either way and would have been content with either guy getting the nod.

Was hoping for a Garbrandt/Munhoz stand-n-bang style finale to give us a definitive winner but it didn't happen.

Was a close fight that could have gone either way. I'm not mad about Costa getting the nod but I felt like You'll had him figured out and if it was a 5 rounder You'll would have won convincingly.

I had Costa taking rounds 1 & 2 just by outworking him, then Romero took the third. Close fight but the right person won. Maybe if Romero would have tried hitting Costa back rather than just sticking his tongue out it might have gone differently.

I thought it was a clear cut win for Costa and was surprised to see a decent number of people arguing otherwise.

I had Costa taking rounds 1 & 2 just by outworking him, then Romero took the third. Close fight but the right person won. Maybe if Romero would have tried hitting Costa back rather than just sticking his tongue out it might have gone differently.

That tongue shit was actually kind of bizarre to me. lol

Almost like a nervous tic.

That tongue shit was actually kind of bizarre to me. lol

Almost like a nervous tic.
That was CTE from the two Knuckles fights rearing its ugly head.....about 20 years and that'll be his walk-around face.

Wasn't on SD fight night, so I missed much of the post-fight discussions, but was wondering what the general consensus was after the fight in general?

It was a pretty fun, back and forth war, and Yoel seemed to inflict the more damaging punishment, based on their appearances. Paulos face was pieced up nicely.

Would there be outrage had the decision gone the other way?

Anyone feel Romero might have won this one?
I thought Costa won, though I wouldn't have been outraged if Yoel was awarded the victory.

We missed you the night of the fights, bro.

Clear Costa 1 and 2.

But if it was a 5 round fight, I'd like Romero's chances of winning overall.

Thought judges got it right but such a close middle round. Yoel s stock doesnt go down one iota as if it were a draw which is impressive as hes pushing 42 and all fights are upper tier division at top.
Hes been caught in pass but hes either clean or has found a way.
Romero is a bad mth'r fckr.

Costa beat the shit out of Romero for first two rounds. Clear 29-28 for Paulo.

Romero thought he could wait for Costa to gas out and then finish him in the third but he didn’t realize Costa has an elite chin.

Clear Costa 1 and 2.

But if it was a 5 round fight, I'd like Romero's chances of winning overall.

I think Costa would win a 5 round fight, his pace looked much higher and I think he would adjust to 5 round fights like everyone seems to(Stipe, Romero, McGregor ect.)

costa won imo. though it was close... but if your back is to the fence for most of the fight then points should be deducted. he let costa off the cage for no reason as well.

that's yoel's gameplan though. he plays possum and looks tired, then tries to go in for the kill. unfortunately if you don't get that kill shot you look like a dumbass

Back