Why is nobody mentioning that Nate looked absolutely awful?

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
Legit win for him but seriously, forget for a minute that it was Nate Diaz and that he beat a legit opponent. Show this fight to anybody who knows about combat but doesn't know the 2 fighters. They will tell you that:
His footwork was abysmal.
His coordination was atrocious.
Even his hands looked like garbage - mostly arms punches with poor fundamentals.

It is really weird how Nate can get wins against top guys on durability, cardio and toughness alone.

It was mostly clinch work against the cage, pretty much the ugliest form of standup. Theres no denying those knees were legit. The ground stuff was fun to watch though.

Well it was his first fight in a few years. It also got him the win and that's what matters.

tenor.gif

you dont watch nate for the technique, most would agree he has an awkward style.Effective when he gets goins

I thought he looked slow and awkward. I don't think he is aging well. He's lucky Pettis hurt his foot early on.

Legit win for him but seriously, forget for a minute that it was Nate Diaz and that he beat a legit opponent. Show this fight to anybody who knows about combat but doesn't know the 2 fighters. They will tell you that:
Even his hands looked like garbage - mostly arms punches with poor fundamentals.

It is really weird how Nate can get wins against top guys on durability, cardio and toughness alone.
Here's a shocking revelation: Pettis is not a top guy. He was at one point, but he no longer is. His win over Wondermeme was a fluke flash in the pan.

And yeah, I'm no boxing expert, but Nate's hands looked like garbage. He won purely due to his grappling prowess.

Stick to what works i guess.

Lol the Diaz bros have this ability to look great and terrible at the same time.

I would never suggest anyone try to fight like that but it works for them and it's always fun to watch.

I mean, he just came off of a 3-year layoff. Plus, it's not like he was "technical" to begin with, lol.

3 years off and he dominates the #7 WELTERWEIGHT

yeah he fucking sucks

Sounds like when everyone was talking shit on Khabib's striking while he was piecing up their favorite fighters.

If it's effective, that's literally all that matters. Countless fighters have durability, cardio and toughness. They haven't been top 10 for the better part of their careers, while multiple generations have come and gone. Nate Diaz is far better than you are capable of understanding.

Nate actually fought the correct fight against Anthony, he made it a dirty pressure fight, that's how you defeat Pettis, Nate doesn't have good orthodox boxing, he just throws fists continuously and wears down his opponent, he actually mixed it up more and it was the correct call because he won.

/thread

Everybody mentioned that he seemed to get a bit tired which was surprising. He mentioned it himself, and blamed having to fight at a different pace than usual since he wanted to swarm Pettis early.

Sounds like when everyone was talking shit on Khabib's striking while he was piecing up their favorite fighters.

If it's effective, that's literally all that matters. Countless fighters have durability, cardio and toughness. They haven't been top 10 for the better part of their careers, while multiple generations have come and gone. Nate Diaz is far better than you are capable of understanding.
Nate actually fought the correct fight against Anthony, he made it a dirty pressure fight, that's how you defeat Pettis, Nate doesn't have good orthodox boxing, he just throws fists continuously and wears down his opponent, he actually mixed it up more and it was the correct call because he won.
I understand what you're saying, but Nate looked worse than he did against Conor in the standup, MUCH worse. To my eye (which is not trained in boxing for more than 5 months), his hands regressed dramatically.

It's been mentioned plenty, maybe you haven't been on these boards all week.

Conventional Wisdom comes down to three things:

1) He went balls to the wall from minute one instead of ease his way into the fight like he usually does. That means he gassed early AND he didn't have time to feel out his opponent and range. He talked about this approach after the fight, especially how he gassed early because of it.
2) He clinched and dirty boxed instead of throwing the 1-2 from distance like usual, so you saw Nate fighting in a style you usually don't see him doing.
3) Ring rust

Quantum Computing Nate.

He can look good, he can look bad, he can look both good and bad.

His clinchwork looked nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back