Nate Diaz beat Anthony Pettis more decisively than Tony Ferguson did

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Nate was never really in any sort of trouble, he dominated the fight and seemed in control

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_inline_pg9dsxfKL51st9jvs_540.jpg

1046824470-594x594.jpg

<Fedor23>

different weight-classes. not sure it's a fair comparison.

The whole point of this statement is if you are trying to compare Nate with Tony there are better fighters they both have in common to measure against than a WW Pettis fight.

TS is presenting a weak argument without bringing up better examples like Michael Johnson, Cerrone, and RDA.

Because he is weak

Last edited:
For sure.

That said, Pettis was a lot closer in size to Ferguson. Not weight wise, but Diaz's frame is superior now than it used to be. He looks as big as I've ever seen him compared to Pettis.

Fighting at 170 was as stupid as fighting at 145. Pettis' natural weightless is 155. It's possible the hardest weightless in UFC, deal with it, you're gonna take some L's.

I want to see Diaz v Ferguson. Who can apply more pressure? Who has more heart? That’s an interesting matchup imo

For sure.

That said, Pettis was a lot closer in size to Ferguson. Not weight wise, but Diaz's frame is superior now than it used to be. He looks as big as I've ever seen him compared to Pettis.

Fighting at 170 was as stupid as fighting at 145. Pettis' natural weightless is 155. It's possible the hardest weightless in UFC, deal with it, you're gonna take some L's.
Didn’t the CSAC release their fight night weights? Diaz was barely bigger than Pettis. And how does your “frame” improve? Did Nate’s bones change somehow??

Nate vs Tony would be one hell of a fight,
they just need to book it for a main event for 5 rounds

I want to see Diaz v Ferguson. Who can apply more pressure? Who has more heart? That’s an interesting matchup imo
Of course, so is Diaz-Gaethjie, so is Diaz-Masvidal, so is Diaz-Poirier.

The problem with Nate is now he's going to sit out forever and bitch.

Didn’t the CSAC release their fight night weights? Diaz was barely bigger than Pettis. And how does your “frame” improve? Did Nate’s bones change somehow??
Hence I said "not weight wise".

Nate looks larger in a positive way. He looked good against Michael Johnson in terms of leanness. However, Pettis is not the smallest guy in the world. He's an average size lightweight and when Diaz grabbed a hold of him, he was a lot broader and looked more developed than ever before. The weight might have been the same, but I feel like Diaz would do better at WW now than early in his career when he was still growing into his frame. He looks more like his brother now.

I think he will be fighting masvidal before the end of the year. I like his new mindset. Just wants to fight with people that will throw down. I'll be watching

Hes not bitching hes trying to get paid.

He only had 250k last fight, for a guy whose post fight interviews generate millions that's low as hell. I think he finally just said fuck it and took a fight. Pay him what hes worth I bet he will fight this afternoon

Tony made him quit while him and Nate went to a decision

Hence I said "not weight wise".

Nate looks larger in a positive way. He looked good against Michael Johnson in terms of leanness. However, Pettis is not the smallest guy in the world. He's an average size lightweight and when Diaz grabbed a hold of him, he was a lot broader and looked more developed than ever before. The weight might have been the same, but I feel like Diaz would do better at WW now than early in his career when he was still growing into his frame. He looks more like his brother now.
I agree. Frame isn't just your bones, it's your natural physique, and that changes with age. That's where old man strength comes from. that's why it's harder to cut weight as you get older too.

Hes not bitching hes trying to get paid.

He only had 250k last fight, for a guy whose post fight interviews generate millions that's low as hell. I think he finally just said fuck it and took a fight. Pay him what hes worth I bet he will fight this afternoon
I generally agree. I wish he did get paid more, but when I said bitching, it's because he complains the UFC doesn't offer him fights. Which is untrue. He's the only one with that problem in the division. He is similar to a male Cyborg where no matter how many things go his way (fighting Conor to begin with and becoming a star), he's always going to bitch about something.

Which according to their contract, they are obligated to offer three fights a year or have to pay him show money. Do you think they're paying him to sit around?

Also, I do agree he is popular and a star, but I don't that manifests into many PPV buys compared to other recent events. We will see.

Holly shit! Never even thought about it but Tony vs Nate could freaking huge !!

I see, your a Diaz hater so you need to do mental flips to delegitimizatize anything he does. Cool, now you’ve made yourself clear, we can proceed.

Back