Is Weili Zhang China's next superstar?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Can she beat Jessica Andrade?

I have seen her last few fights and Zhang is Impressive. Chick comes to scrap, seems to have nice Judo throws and sub game.

She is going to blow up something awful if she can win the UFC belt in China...

AADb5oL.jpeg

hmm she's 19-1 and I haven't heard of her. Is she quiet? and reserved? That doesn't make me want to watch her. She needs to talk shit. She needs to show ass shots on insta. She needs ... the IT factor. So far you haven't supplied me with none of these things ts. convince me. otherwise I DONT GIVE A FUCK

tumblr_lorhvftTHi1r0ojhto1_500.gif

She could be the first. If not Yadong could be perhaps. Idk how popular mma is in China though.

Not a soul outside of China would give a fuck about her. (still)

She could be the first. If not Yadong could be perhaps. Idk how popular mma is in China though.
A champion is a champion. They would embrace her even if MMA isn't a big sport. She could be the next Jackie Chan if she wants to be.

Apparently she has a huge following on China's social media platform but I dunno.

Also whatever following most fighters have on social media doesn't translate to ticket and PPV sales. Not seeing how China would be different but who knows.

There's also a problem with MMA in China. There's big interest but there's also a push back from the more conservative part of the country because they see it watering down and/or erasing China's heritage.

Personally I don't give a fuck about their supposed martial heritage. Most real martial arts were stamped out usually violently throughout history so the local population couldn't effectively rise up against the rulers. What's left is what the state allowed. If it all went away nobody would fucking miss it cause it's already luke warm watered down bullshit that mostly doesn't work.

I personally am excited to see the fight. I know she could be a star in China. She's 19-1 with 16 finishes. Hardly a boring wmma fighter

Back