Bader vs UFC HW Division

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Coker thinks he's the best HW in the world or at least says so for marketing. I don't think he is but I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the 4 best along with Stipe, DC, and Ngannou.

1. Stipe - I think Stipe would win this one but I think Bader has about a 20-25% of beating Stipe with takedowns, top control and GnP.

2. DC - I think DC wins but I give Bader about the same chance to win as I did in the Stipe match up.

3. Ngannou - I think this one is much closer 60/40 in Ngannou's favor but a takedown early for Bader would be huge, he's got a very good top game and generally doesn't have to get many takedowns to keep people down for long periods of time.

4. JDS - I think this one is about 50/50, JDS seems slower physically and reaction time wise from all the head trauma and his chin isn't the same. JDS either stuffs takedowns and KOs him or Bader traps him against the cage and beats him with wrestling, GnP and striking in the clinch.

5. Blaydes - This is the first fight I would favor Bader in, 70/30 and I think it mostly would stay standing.

6. Lewis - 65/25 in Bader's favor, Lewis' TDD isn't very good but he's explosive as hell even late in fights and is very durable.

7. Overeem - I think this is another 50/50, Overeem used to have very good defensive wrestling but lately it hasn't looked nearly as good, Bader has much better cardio and can certainly beat him with his wrestling and top game.

8. Velasquez - 80/20 in favor of Bader, Cain's body will fall apart, but there's a small chance he TKOs him before or while it happens.

9. Abdurakhimov - I honestly don't know with this guy, I have only seen him fight a few times one of them was the Arolvski fight where I thought he lost.

10. Ivanov - I think Bader would be too fast for this guy and would mix it up and beat him 80/20.

That comes to 4 wins, 3 losses 2 50/50 and one I have no clue about.

How do you Bader would do against the UFC HW Top 10?

I remember too clearly what Rumble did to him to give him much chance against anyone with a punch - aka at least top 7.

First 8 guys all beat him easily. Especially Ngannou. Did you forget how scared shitless Bader was of Rumble?

Bader would beat Derrick Lewis and maybe Shamil and The rest beat him without too much trouble.

Bader is a top 3 HW as well as #3 LHW right now. I could see him beating any of them, though i wouldn't have him the favorite against DC or Stipe.

I think he’d be top 5 but the people better than him beat the everloving fuck out of him

Him vs stipe, dc, ngannou ect woudlnt be remotely close

DC and Stipe can beat Bader. Ngannou is a stretch and I think Bader beats everyone else.

He loses to them all.

He's small for a heavy and his standup is workmanlike at best.

He’d be lucky to beat Cain or anybody higher. It’d be tough for him to crack the top 10. You must’ve been high when choosing a few of these percentages.

He got dropped and finished by an old broken Tito, at light heavy weight. That's all you need to know. No usada Bellator is where he belongs.

Bader has improved a lot since being stopped by Rumble. Just look at his record in his last 10 bouts. The guy really learned to punch and is peaking right now. That's a huge factor to me.

He would beat the shit out of guys like Volkov and Derrick Lewis easily. He would also have a good shot against the current DC who is 40 years old coming off a stoppage loss. I'd also favor him over Reem and Cain of today as well.
I think he could mix it up with anyone at HW including Francis Nogroundgameou.

I'd like to see him in the UFC at heavyweight, there are a lot of great potential match ups.

His wins at HW:

Muhammed Lawal.
Matt Mitrione.
Old man Fedor.

Based on his record he's probably not even top 10 at HW. None of his wins are against actual legit HW threats.

Put him against the UFC top 10... 2 wins maybe. 3 at a push. Wouldn't be surprised at 0.

blaydes is underrated as hell he would fuck bader up, curtis is way bigger and has very good wrestling

Back