UFC 244 Headliner?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What we thinking for this?

I saw Nunes/GDR announced for 245, thought it may be on this card but maybe we're only getting 1 title fight on this card.

Who do we think it'll be? Max/Volk with Nate/Masvidal Co-Main if Nate wants a quick turnaround?

Usman/Colby? Cejudo/Faber (not that I want to see that but seems that the direction it's heading)

Jones said the other day no fights have been offered to him so assuming he won't be fighting on this.

What we thinking?

Only the biggest and best for New York.

Jessica Andrade vs some chick

But for real though Masvidal v Nate would be sick. Usman v Colby as main if Usman is done recovering from whatever the fuck it is.

It will obviously be Usman Vs Colby. I think they both said that they wanted to be ok that card.

Since we got robbed last time it has to be Shevchenko vs Eubanks.

Jones vs Lesnar. There's a reason Brock stayed in the Usada pool.

244:
Jones vs Brock
Usman vs Colby

245 = Nate vs Masvidal, Max vs Volkanovski, Nunes vs GDR

246= Stipe vs DC 3, Khabib/Poirier vs Tony

a-foil-hat-actually-amplifies-some-radio-frequencies.png

What we thinking for this?

I saw Nunes/GDR announced for 245, thought it may be on this card but maybe we're only getting 1 title fight on this card.

Who do we think it'll be? Max/Volk with Nate/Masvidal Co-Main if Nate wants a quick turnaround?

Usman/Colby? Cejudo/Faber (not that I want to see that but seems that the direction it's heading)

Jones said the other day no fights have been offered to him so assuming he won't be fighting on this.

What we thinking?

UFC 244
Usman vs. Colby
Max vs. Volkanovski

UFC 245
Khabib vs. Ferguson
Nunes vs. GDR
Nate vs. Masvidal

I can't see the UFC relying on Nunes vs GDR to headline the end of year show.

My guess:

UFC 244
Jon Jones vs. Jan Blachowicz (LHW Title)
Cejudo vs. Benavidez II (FLW Title)

UFC 245
Usman vs. Covington (WW Title)
Nunes vs. GDR (BW Ttitle)

I'd expect they're aiming to get Jones to headline. They always try to put something big together for this card and there isn't really anything else available. If they were willing to throw millions at Cormier and Black Beast I think they'd open the cheque book to get Jones in there.

Jones vs somebody is most likely. Probably Blachowicz.

Usman vs. Covington is rumored for this card, but I can’t see them slotting it in as anymore than a co-main.

Cejudo vs. Benavidez/Sterling/Faber, has a chance if they go 3 title fights.

The rest of the champions are booked or coming off a short turn around. Holloway vs. Volk is rumored to main event 245. Miocic is possible, but I wouldn’t bet on him making that turn around.

UFC 244
Jon Jones x Jan Blachowicz
Kamaru Usman x Colby Covington

UFC 245
Max Holloway x Alexander Volkanovski
Amanda Nunes x Germaine De Randamie

I reckon they'll let Derrick Lewis have this one, and Blagoy is going to be engaging the whole time

Last edited:

244:
Jones vs Brock
Usman vs Colby

245 = Nate vs Masvidal, Max vs Volkanovski, Nunes vs GDR

246= Stipe vs DC 3, Khabib/Poirier vs Tony
Wait, I thought he left again? He's still under USADA? That can't be, he looks too good now to be clean.

Back