Eryk Anders vs. Gerald Meerschaert added to October/Tampa FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmadna.nl/eryk-anders-keert...e-tegen-gerald-meerschaert-tijdens-ufc-tampa/

Anders is apparently returning to 185 lbs.

SIR

Eryk Anders returns to the Middleweight division against Gerald Meerschaert during UFC Tampa

Eryk Anders (MMA 12-4/UFC 4-4) will make his appearance on 12 October 2019 during UFC Fight Night 161 in Tampa, Florida. Anders returns to the middleweight division and meets Roufusport fighter Gerald Meerschaert ((MMA 29-11/UFC 5-3). Both fighters meet in the Octagon of the Amalie Arena.

Meerschaert is crafty at getting opponents to fight his fight.

Anders never comes in with a gameplan it seems.

Meerschaert is solid and has a variety of submissions that he can threaten with. He reminds me a bit in a sense to Brian Ebersole. His lack of athleticism will be front and center in this matchup. That does not mean that he can't win, but Anders is a huge middleweight and an "explosive" athlete.

If Anders loses again he’s probably cut

Anders has talent, but never seems to form a good plan or tactics.

Still can't believe he lost to Elias. Theodorou. lol

why do I feel like this fight already happened?

Anders has talent, but never seems to form a good plan or tactics.

Still can't believe he lost to Elias. Theodorou. lol
Elias has some of that same juju that Dan Kelly was benefitting from

how tf did he beat all those guys?

Yeah, but he won’t smash Anders, like Ander’s previous opponents have either, this is a good fight for Ya Boi, and I can see Eryk winning.

Gerald win.

But I expect Anders don't be cut and come back again in the LW division, he's a good fighter in this class and he have a chance to make a good run.

If Anders loses again he’s probably cut
Doubt it.

He takes any fight on any notice on two different weight classes... and quickly becoming a fan favorite because of his just bleed style

And doesnt he have a college Football background? Some casuals know him

Anders cant make up his fucking mind. At least the matchmakers have stopped throwing him into big-ish fights hoping they can 'promote the former NFL/football player' angle.

Meerschaert is crafty but Anders is way more athletic and stronger, i see him surviving a few submission attempts and TKO'ing him, 3rd.

Meerschaert is super crafty, but I think anders puts him to sleep

I love watching Meerschart fight and definitely want him to win here. I expect Anders to be difficult to both wrangle and tap, though.

Anders by decision/late tko is my pick.

Hopefully Joe Martinez is the announcer. The way he says "Ya Boi" makes me laugh.

Back