Should all Co Main fights be 5 rounds?

TardStrong

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think all co main events should be 5 rounds. Yes there might end up being some duds but that goes with anyfight. Typically there is a lot on the line for a co main event and they should be 5 rounds.

I think sometimes we are getting robbed with 3 round fights

Just imagined Perry's last fight being 5 rds. Lord have mercy.

No why should fighters take more damage for equal pay?

It certainly would incentives making co-mains MEANINGFUL. Alot of the smaller cards have weak ass co-mains and trickles down to the rest of main card.. and yes, alot of the big Co-Mains (like Diaz-Pettis) SHOULD be 5 rounds.

Often the WMMA main event is the co-main.

Corre Bino, é uma cilada!

get rid of rounds

just let them fight without time limits and breaks until there is a definitive winner

AS REAL AS IT GETS, BABY LET THEM BANG

Depends.

You either accept more boring shitty fights just to get a few great fights here and there, or you don't.
Personally I'm torn because with the new weekly event model most of the co-mains are just some top 20 guys. If we get 4 ranked fighters per card it's a good thing. I don't really want to see the 22nd ranked welterweight face the 19th ranked for 5 rounds.

Here's how it should be:

no more 11-13 fights on a card, 8-9 fights max
all prelim fights 3 rounds
all main card fights 5 rounds
title fights 7 rounds
non title fight main events would be 5 rounds

Yes

Dana said all main events would be 5 rounds. Don’t call it the co-main event if you aren’t going to make it 5 rounds.

Also, having a co-main event is dumb. You only do that when you have two blockbusters of equal importance. That’s almost never the case

All co-main events to be 5 rounds providing they are title fights....

No.

All fights should be 1 round, 15 minutes.

Would take MMA to another level.

I think if they have major title implications yeah, but these guys aren't getting paid for a 5 round fight and theres no title in the line so you can imagine why they dont want to.

Doubt uncle Dana gonna buss open them pockets to pay the fighters overtime

No, but I think all fights between two top 5 guys should be five rounds.

Here's how it should be:

no more 11-13 fights on a card, 8-9 fights max
all prelim fights 3 rounds
all main card fights 5 rounds
title fights 7 rounds
non title fight main events would be 5 rounds
Can you imagine a 7 round heavyweight fight?
<{cruzshake}>

Should be timer roulette. No one knows when it's going to end but if you finish opponent before bell you get 100k extra

I used to disagree with having less rounds, but I think Chael might be making a point about the 5 round wars that have been happening. Yair/Zombie, Romero/Whittaker, etc. Are examples he brings up where until just recently none of them had fought since those matches. JDS was also ruined by the 5 round fights with Cain. Maybe more rounds isn't that great of an idea after all.

Back