From legacy talk and a fight vs Lesnar and Jones trilogy to Derrick Lewis and TKO loss to Stipe

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I bet DC didn't imagine his "legacy" to end this way. Never held lineal belt at LHW and arguably a fluke win at HW with the rematch a bad TKO loss after gassing in 2 rounds. Will DC's "legacy" be 2nd best at two weights?

It will be interesting if he retires now or tries to right the ship.

DC is one of the greats. One valid loss in an entire career.

Mods card and wasteland please

Two belts at the same time.
If not in the UFC, would be making five figures coaching at an RTC.
Knowledgeable commentator and will transition to that roll full time.

What's the issue?

Even being "second best at two weights" would be a historical career.

How many fighters have a more impressive resume? Maybe 10-15ish max?

And that's considering DC didn't really get rolling in the big leagues until he was 30 and didn't really fighting name guys until he was about 32.

I don't think DC will retire on a loss. He needs a true trilogy with Stipe. He doesn't need to fight Jones again. Hopefully he retires after his next fight. But I doubt he's retiring yet.

First win at HW wasn't a fluke. He beat Stipe. As Stipe avenged his loss. That's a 1-1.

His legacy at LHW is a bit more complicated as it all comes down to if you disregard the losses vs Jones as DC losing vs a cheater.

Now, DC is a proven cheater himself, but he hasn't been caught.

I would say that DC is one of the greatest at HW and LHW, but he wasn't at any point in time THE greatest.

DC was late to the party. He didn't turn pro in mma until he was like 30. Imagine how good he would've been if he started earlier. As great of a wrestler as he is, I think his striking would've been much sharper if he turned pro at an earlier age. With all the physical disadvantages he had, it's amazing he did as well as he did fighting such big boys. It's really a testament to his athleticism. The guy really had a stellar career.

DC had an awesome career but I see the irony
the prefight talks like "count me in the GOAT discussion" "I've only lost one round to one judge at HW" then flushin down the gameplan because he loved punching Stipe to finally apologising to the coaches he let donw and most likely end his carreer with his only L at HW....
<{anton}>

I don't think DC will retire on a loss. He needs a true trilogy with Stipe. He doesn't need to fight Jones again. Hopefully he retires after his next fight. But I doubt he's retiring yet.

Watch that 1st fight again. Then watch the second and tell me that the difference isn't the extent of the eye poke.

I don't think the Stipe trilogy fight is a great idea. Far better he fights Jones. Then when he loses he has the excuse that Jones is on roids and a really nasty person.

He isn’t 2nd best at HW

still top 7-8 all time tho

First win at HW wasn't a fluke. He beat Stipe. As Stipe avenged his loss. That's a 1-1.

His legacy at LHW is a bit more complicated as it all comes down to if you disregard the losses vs Jones as DC losing vs a cheater.

Now, DC is a proven cheater himself, but he hasn't been caught.

I would say that DC is one of the greatest at HW and LHW, but he wasn't at any point in time THE greatest.
he eyepoked stipe then beat him, then tried it again this weekend, add to that towel cheating to make weight, yet people give Jones crap

DC and his steam had studied Stipe did their research. Figured out his bad habits and tendencies and successfully exploited that in their first fight. That doesn't nearly constitute a fluke. He then proceeded to dominate Stipe in the first and land shots at will for 4 rounds until Stipe adjusted and KO'd DC.

DC is 1-1 against Stipe Miocic. A champion who's beat the who's who in the UFC Heavweight division.

He’s an all time great. 40 years old and still the #1/2 best HW on the planet. His resume is filled with talented fighters.

He should rematch Stipe and retire regardless the result.

he eyepoked stipe then beat him, then tried it again this weekend, add to that towel cheating to make weight, yet people give Jones crap

Comparing an eye poke and touching a towel to the mile long list of reprehensible behaviors Jones has displayed. It’s no wonder you’re the laughing stock of posters on this site.

DC is one of the greats. One valid loss in an entire career.

Mods card and wasteland please

Two valid losses bud. DC himself admits that no substance kicked him in the head and then pounded him to Bolivia, it was all the goat.

Viva el Sherdog!

DC is now another can in the washed-up HW division (and for some reason I ain't mad at this one)

Back