So...Bones vs Stipe?

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Has your opinion changed on who would win?

After watching DC land those leg kicks on Stipe, im not so sure Stipe can get into 1-2 range against Jon.

Jones would pick him apart. There's literally nothing that Stipe could do.

Do you think Stipe is landing body shots vs Jones and Jones is just gonna sit there?

Jones would pick him apart. There's literally nothing that Stipe could do.

Do you think Stipe is landing body shots vs Jones and Jones is just gonna sit there?

If that is the case then why Jon isn't fighting in HW? Sounds like You have more faith on him than he has on himself.

Jon will die trying to cut to 185 before the goes up in weight

If they were both fighting at the same weight levels Jones would win. At HW Jones won't have the size to match Stipe, I think Stipe would KO him.

If that is the case then why Jon isn't fighting in HW? Sounds like You have more faith on him than he has on himself.

There's no doubt Jones is aiming for a fight vs Stipe.

And when he beats him, Stipe is gonna be looked upon as overrated.

There's no doubt Jones is aiming for a fight vs Stipe.

And when he beats him, Stipe is gonna be looked upon as overrated.

We will talk when it is going to happen. Otherwise we are dealing with pure fiction.

This would be interesting. Would the DC brigade jump on former adversary Stipe in order to combat life-adversary Jon Jones?

If they were both fighting at the same weight levels Jones would win. At HW Jones won't have the size to match Stipe, I think Stipe would KO him.
Stipe came in at 230.5 pounds on Saturday lol

Jones walks around 235.

Stipe isn't too big. DC fought him ffs. It's just that Jones doesn't have the balls to move up.

I’m leaning towards Jones but would like to see Stipe win.

The talk about this fight is pointless. Jones is going to play it safe as long as he can at LHW and by the time he does move up, the odds of Stipe holding the belt ate slim. I like Stipe, but there is a reason 3 defenses is the longest streak.

On a side note, I find it funny that people complain about holding up to division whenever there is a double champ, but after any title fight half the forums start calling for a super fight between champions.

Dunno man, Stipe can take a hit
and give one. Hes got more power than Jones and near as lanky. Great boxing with great wrestling- would be a hard fight for anyone but matchup wise I think he could K.O Jones on sheer resilience. How long that resilience lasts is the wild card.

Yea its fiction. But it could be a very competative match. Outside Jones comfort range.

Has your opinion changed on who would win?

After watching DC land those leg kicks on Stipe, im not so sure Stipe can get into 1-2 range against Jon.
Usada jones getssmoked. Previous juiced jones gets the w.

In the second JDS fight, Stipe had a sense of urgency when JDS started landing those leg kicks. They hurt and he knew he needed to end that fight quick. He is very susceptible to the leg kick which is what Jon specializes in.

Man, I'm just not sold on Stipe. I know he's the "baddest man on the planet." He showed a lot of heart and made amazing adjustments late in the 3rd going into the 4th round. But he looked like trash in the first and a lot of the second round on Saturday.

I think if Jon went up to HW, he has a strong chance of beating Stipe. Jackson and Winklejohn will not let him go in there unprepared. The only thing Stipe has over Jon is power. Jon has so many tools in his arsenal. I just don't think Stipe would be able to keep up.

Then again, we haven't seen Jon at HW, so who knows. Maybe his skills don't translate as well at HW as they do LHW.

Why is this a repeated topic? I mean, how many times must we be reminded that jones has no interest in hw? Until he has his first hw fight scheduled, there is literally nothing new to discuss.

That would be a smart fight for Jones to take. Stipe has way too many flaws for a guy like Jones, would be a massacre

No change. I still go with Stipe. This might be a fight down the road eventually but I don't believe it happens soon..

In the second JDS fight, Stipe had a sense of urgency when JDS started landing those leg kicks. They hurt and he knew he needed to end that fight quick. He is very susceptible to the leg kick which is what Jon specializes in.

Man, I'm just not sold on Stipe. I know he's the "baddest man on the planet." He showed a lot of heart and made amazing adjustments late in the 3rd going into the 4th round. But he looked like trash in the first and a lot of the second round on Saturday.

I think if Jon went up to HW, he has a strong chance of beating Stipe. Jackson and Winklejohn will not let him go in there unprepared. The only thing Stipe has over Jon is power. Jon has so many tools in his arsenal. I just don't think Stipe would be able to keep up.

Then again, we haven't seen Jon at HW, so who knows. Maybe his skills don't translate as well at HW as they do LHW.

Jones looked like trash fighting 2 former MWs in his past 2 fights. Jones doesn't specialize in low kicks, he specializes in oblique kicks and eye pokes. the last time he spammed low kicks he could barely walk himself.

Stipe is going to eat everything Jones has and eventually overwhelm him with his size and power, just like he did to DC. people don't want to admit it still, but size means something, that's why we have weight classes. HW's aren't the best fighters because they're the most skilled, they're the best fighters because their size and power negate enough of the skill from more skillful lighter fighters until their size and power become undeniable.

you're doing the same thing lots of people did about DC. people just thought DC's cardio was good at HW because it was good at LHW, but look at Jones success with his wrestling in his past 2 fights? he couldn't even takedown Thiago Santos who had fucked up knees and was a former MW. do you really think he'll be able to take Stipe down when Stipe's pressure on the feet gets uncomfortable? i don't.

you have to look at what has Jones done lately, not what he used to do to DC 4 years ago. not how good he looked when he beat the shit out of Shogun 8 years ago. in 2019, what has Jon Jones done lately that makes you think he can win? because like i said, he looked like shit vs 2 guys he was supposed to completely annihilate.

Back