Was the fatal flaw in Dc's loss was the wrestling.

tonytime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Stipe my boy. But I think daniel fought a stupid fight ngl. why the fuck did he carry stipe, like legit. He's 40, if he going to pressure stipe whole fight, should be more cautious in his energy usage. dude slamming a 230 plus pound man. With added pressure. Also stipe no bum on the ground should be wearing him down then taking him down.

Also, stipe hitting the stomach, genius. I've screamed for strikers to do this. wind the mother fuckers. especially grapplers, wind them as much as possible.

DC went full Garbrant at that fight,hard hitters fell in love with their striking and mostly the endings are not that good,This or that we all know that DC is an emotional guy and this ruined his nearly perfect career with this loss,I dont say DC lost himself Stipe is one tough mofo,must be an idiot to deny it but DC made it easier him to win the fight

Last edited:
good/bad moments for both fighters

Stipe standing there taking a beating like Rocky wasnt smart

he threw some good knees to the body and then abandoned it

good/bad moments for both fighters

Stipe standing there taking a beating like Rocky wasnt smart

he threw some good knees to the body and then abandoned it
It was a bit ego war between them,They both tried to show that he is the better/tougher than other,till the bodyshots both ate those punches like breakfast...It was an emotional and a great fight sometimes you win by plan sometimes you win by insticts

And Stipe's flaw in the first fight was not using his reach and allowing DC to get in close. Once Stipe realized he was a real heavyweight, DC wasn't going to get close enough to get takedowns or use dirty boxing in the clinch.

Yeah Cormier should have wrestle, but he completely outstriked Miocic for 3 rounds, so it doesn't shock me that he tried to continue that way in the 4th. What beat DC was Miocic remembering he could do more than a one two. When he started doing those body shots, it was almost like I was watching Cormier vs Miocic 3, with Miocic having finally a good gameplan after being beaten twice. Those shots were gorgeouuus.

DC fought a very weirdly.
He seemed to be cocky and confused at the same time.
Didn't respect Stipe's striking and power at all - Post fight he said, he didn't even feel his punches, so he just didn't care.
But he also asked if he is losing between rounds and seemed very distant the whole fight.

His cornermen begged for him to stick to the gameplan, they even said "what are you doing? this is not at all what we trained and planned for" between rounds.

I'm not really sure what to make of this ...

His ego was his fatal flaw. He's been listening to people say he got lucky in the first fight and he wanted to prove them wrong. He could've used his wrestling for an easy win and tried to get a standing ko instead. He was doing pretty good until Stipe started throwing those nasty body shots. It was all down hill from there because he wasn't even attempting to block them.

Back