If Gaethje Beats Cowboy And Calls Out McGregor, Should He Accept?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor feels so 'irrelevant' right now. I know he's still the biggest star in the sport, but he's been inactive for so long that he just feels like he needs to work his way back up again. The division has moved on without him, the winner of Khabib and Poirier already have a clear next challenger ahead of them (Tony Ferguson), and Conor needs to prove he deserves another shot instead of just being gifted one.

Justin Gaethje is the most credible opponent there'd be left. So if he knocks Cowboy out like everyone expects him to and then gets on the mic and calls out McGregor, do you think Conor should just say fuck it and accept?

Conor doesn't have the balls to accept a fight with Justin.

Conor is retired.

Conor won't fight Justin.

He is done.

If Gaethje survives 1 round Conor is would be mauled with pressure.

Gaethje is too young. Conor won't accept.

At this point it's Khabib or bust for Conor. I don't think anybody else is getting that fight with him

Just sucks that he never came back this year

justin would knock his head clean off if they fought

I feel like Conor isn't fighting because of legal issues, but I would love to see Gaethje vs. mcGregor

At this point it's Khabib or bust for Conor. I don't think anybody else is getting that fight with him

Just sucks that he never came back this year

That's certainly true if Khabib wins, but if Poirier pulls out the upset I'm not so sure

Also, I'd bet anything on seeing him fight once by the end of the year

I have no clue why people still assume conor is going to fight again.

No way Conor risks getting KO'd by a relatively unknown brawler. I think Conor fights either Khabib or Nate or doesn't fight at all.

May as well just accept a fight with a wood chipper at that point.

That's exactly the kind of opponent he'd love - Someone who won't try to wrestle him but will stand and bang with him instead.
Conor is never going to love fighting a pressure fighter. It's not his thing, he doesn't have the cardio for it either

I feel bad for Cowboy he's getting some serious killers late in his career...if anybody deserves a Conor fight its Donald

Justin is an easy fight for Mcgregor. You know he is always going to be there when you strike. Granted Mcgregor is going to fade past the 2nd round but I don't see Justin being able to absorb so many punches. I have to see how he performs in the cowboy fight; if he can take out cowboy while showing new variation in his approach. He might be able to fight Mcgregor.

I think Justin plays right into Conor’s style. Conor’s inactivity has folks forgetting he’s still champion caliber.

Conner is most likely coming back for the MSG or end of year card. He's not going to fight any of those two. He'll fight Holloway for the belt, Tony for #1 contender, maybe Aldo. I don't think the UFC will allow Conner to skip over Tony to fight the winner of Dustin/Khabib. They might, but I'm sure they'll redo Tony's contract to make up for it.

Back