DC is still amazing

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
At 40 years old the man just had his first legit loss, because both of those Jones fights should have been declared no contests.

We haven't seen a short pudgy guy dominate so many great heavyweights since Fedor's prime.

And for a guy with such a huge reach disadvantage, he outstruck most of his opponents, despite not coming from a striking background.

Dude came out of nowhere as an alternate in the strikeforce tournament and immediately made his mark, eventually becoming the two-division champ even though he got a late start in the MMA game.

Plus he's a likeable guy. Always respectful. Has run over very few pregnant women--maybe even zero.

Father time is a sonuvabitch. And if that's the last time we see DC in the cage then I just wanted to raise a glass to one of the best to ever step in the octagon.

Cheers to Cormier! I loved watching you fight!

I was shocked he could even land solid punches the first time round, with the reach disadvantage.

Looked better than ever last night before tiring.

At 40 years old the man just had his first legit loss, because both of those Jones fights should have been declared no contests.

We haven't seen a short pudgy guy dominate so many great heavyweights since Fedor's prime.

And for a guy with such a huge reach disadvantage, he outstruck most of his opponents, despite not coming from a striking background.

Dude came out of nowhere as an alternate in the strikeforce tournament and immediately made his mark, eventually becoming the two-division champ even though he got a late start in the MMA game.

Plus he's a likeable guy. Always respectful. Has run over very few pregnant women--maybe even zero.

Father time is a sonuvabitch. And if that's the last time we see DC in the cage then I just wanted to raise a glass to one of the best to ever step in the octagon.

597f52bbb50ab127008b5d35-1136-852.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
DF9UyvjXcAEQbqN.jpg

If he wrestles and controls where the fight is more, he likely doesn't gas as hard from eating a ton of body shots and wins the fight. He chose not to, Stipe adjusted as the fight went along and DC lost. Great fight. Both guys put on a show for us. Massive respect to both. The reality that DC is that small and has accomplished so much is a testament to skill.

Always fun to see a guy at a genetic disadvantage who overcomes it by working harder than everybody.

And stil my boy.
Chris-Weidman-478x270.jpg

Of course he is still amazing. Haven't been on here much today, but hard to imagine anyone saying otherwise.

You don't call Stipe the best heavyweight ever after dropping the first 3 rounds to a 40 year old who previously beat you if you dont also respect DC.

Ever notice how few DC praise posts completely focus on him as opposed to directly referencing another fighter or alluding to him.

Ever notice how few DC praise posts completely focus on him as opposed to directly referencing another fighter or alluding to him.

It's the fight game people are going to mention your opponents. I cant think of any fighters besides maybe Jon Jones that would meet the criteria you just listed

It's almost as if he's in a competitive sport and being compared to other people who do the same thing.

It's the fight game people are going to mention your opponents. I cant think of any fighters besides maybe Jon Jones that would meet the criteria you just listed

It's almost as if he's in a competitive sport and being compared to other people who do the same thing.

The context being referencing another fighter negatively to prop up the fighter being praised.

When a fighter is truly amazing their merits stand completely on their own.

Aldo is FW GOAT because of his long list of accomplishments for example. I'd roll my eyes at a praise post having to bring up Holloway's size, or Conor's controversies, or w/e future Volkanovski issue he may have.

Just something that's getting tiring to see tbh in regards to DC threads.

Stipe was kind of a deer in headlights for the first 2 rounds, if Cormier had been smarter when he was dominating (lay on top with elbows or chokes) he probably would have won.
Stipe took everything DC had and that gave him confidence to be himself. With Stipe I wonder how much of it is mental, when he's on top and looking to hurt you he looks very accomplished.

I've always personally liked DC. It's unfortunate in my opinion that he will always be linked to Jon Jones.

Stipe is my hometown fighter and I'll always root for him first but I have nothing against DC at all. When he beat Stipe in the first fight I was glad it was him and not somebody I liked less.

Deserved recognition thread for D.C. I'd like to see the rubber match with Stipe.
I wasn't so sure he would beat Stipe again this time and got surprised with the great performance he put in the first 3 rounds. Could he implement a better game plan and avoid the body shots in a 3rd fight ? Maybe... he probably would have to do less of that hand to hand wrestling in the stand up but then he would also have less opportunity to find openings to strike. As he said, he should go for more takedowns.
(btw awesome highlight of him carrying Stipe and throwing him down.)

The context being referencing another fighter negatively to prop up the fighter being praised.

When a fighter is truly amazing their merits stand completely on their own.

Aldo is FW GOAT because of his long list of accomplishments for example. I'd roll my eyes at a praise post having to bring up Holloway's size, or Conor's controversies, or w/e future Volkanovski issue he may have.

Just something that's getting tiring to see tbh in regards to DC threads.

Aldo benefited from getting the fight in an era without Max Holloway. DC unfortunately for himself was it an era with Jon Jones. If Janet Jones would have came around ten years after people would need to make the same references 4 DC they would accept his greatness for what it is just like they do although even though he can't beat Halloway.

:confused::rolleyes:

Black Fedor!, best Fedor since Fedor 1.0. My second favorite fighter of all time. Can you guess who #1 is?

Back