Poirier vs Khabib backup plan in place

Death By Samson

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
But is it Ferg? I really wish that he had just straight up said that Ferg will be on weight and ready.

Okamoto:
"How about a back up for that fight...Tony Ferguson, is there any interest in flying him out to Abu Dhabi and having him weigh in just in case something were to happen?"

Dana:
"I'm pretty sure we have something set up for that...yeah, pretty sure we do."

Last edited:
It's only a matter of time

giphy.gif

Obviously Tony is the backup plan. Tony is the clear #1 contender and we all know they're never gonna book Conor on short notice if he's the one that's stepping up.

Imagine the irony if we finally got to see Khabib vs Tony because of someone else pulling out lol

There are 5 other LW fights on the card, they'll just pull one from there. Either Barboza or Felder, probably.

Tony needs his title fight asap, the man could not do anymore to earn it

There are 5 other LW fights on the card, they'll just pull one from there. Either Barboza or Felder, probably.
Would be such a bummer if it was khabib vs barboza 2, the guy has suffered too much

Would be such a bummer if it was khabib vs barboza 2, the guy has suffered too much
Barboza has had one of the worst schedules of anyone. He's in the UFC just to suffer.

I hope its Tony. But knowing how UFC is these days I am expecting it to be BJ Penn

Ferguson is the type of guy who would not accept to be a back up.

It's def Tony.

If Dana came right out and said it, he'd be bombarded with "why not just make Tony vs Khabib tho??"

My sources inside the UFC say it's Conor. With Edgar as another backup, and Holly Holm as the third backup.

If anything...its conman. He always had full camps vs late opponent change, he was prepping for them, they couldn't and came in unconditioned.
Now, he needs a win, ppv model gone and espn in place, still getting paid big undisclosed and endorsements, so proper promotion doesn't matter. Sooo, Connor late sub for Khabib. Neither will be prepared for conman, so is a slight advantage. And since ufc never leaves money on the table, Im betting Khabib pulls. Khabib is fronting. Conor beats Dustin, sets up the rematch. FUC is genius. That's the only reason they made Dustin vs Holloway, was to give Conman the easiest fight possible to gain a little relevancy in the consumers eyes.

100% Conman vs Poirer II …. or I will never crank the chicken again.

Back