What were your favorite moments from UFC 241?

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
3. The third round of Romero vs. Costa was the most exciting round in that fight; Romero doing the Cuban version of the drunken master fighting style was definitely entertaining.

G2B9iHv.gif

2. I think Diaz had a bit of rust to shake off in that first round against Pettis, and he looked noticeably slower compared to say his performance against Johnson, which could be attributed to age/weight/rust. And while Diaz' knees and elbows were nice to see, the grappling between him and Pettis was so fun to watch, it reminded me a lot of Nick Diaz vs. Karo Parisyan (which is one of my favorite fights).

(Timestamped)

1. Regarding Cormier vs. Miocic, this is what I said prior to the fight starting:
I don't care who wins, I just hope it's without controversy.
After Cormier's first eye poke and his subsequent pawing at Miocic's face for the next three rounds, I wanted Miocic to win, because I'm not a fan of cheating and there would've been controversy (again) had Cormier won.

But then:
3-0 Cormier, he stole it in the last minute.
While I thought Cormier was eating a lot of punches unnecessarily, I didn't see how Miocic was going to pull off the win, and then he landed a very nice body shot. A part of me thought back to how weak Cormier's been to strikes to the body in the past, but thought it had more to do with him cutting too much weight at Light Heavyweight (I was later reminded by a fellow Sherdogger that Mir had hurt Cormier with a body shot). When Miocic landed the second body shot I found myself saying: "those are working".

Miocic spamming those beautiful body shots in that fourth round, after losing the last three, before managing to get the finish was probably my favorite moment of the PPV.

P.S. -
I'm not a Jon Jones fan, so don't even bother trying to label me as some Cormier hater.

DC doing the stanky leg.
stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier-ufc-241-24.jpg

This should be DC’s walkout song from now on.

Other than the fights, i loved all the star power in the audience. Iceman, shaq, masvidal, tony, colby and so many others.

Costa and Romero throwing bombs to each other, what a war

I liked the way Stipe fired that heavy uppercut right after the eye poke. That shit really was getting annoying to watch. I was pretty shocked that he poked him after all the controversy of the first fight.

The finish is definitely the best moment for me. I was going nuts

Other than the fights, i loved all the star power in the audience. Iceman, shaq, masvidal, tony, colby and so many others.

How can you not mention Arnold in the audience! I think that is the first time I’ve seen him at an event.

My favorite moment was not spending my money on the espn bullshit in first place....they wont' be getting my money.

first round of costa vs romero lived up too all the hype

My favorite moment was when dc got knocked out and he was just regaining consciousness and some idiot tried to take the mouth piece out of his mouth and he smacked the shit out of the persons hand even though he couldn’t even see straight

Back