those body shots came out of nowhere

clownin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and really messed dc up like wow , any1 got gifs?

it was those body shots that set up the finish

It was stupid of Stipe to not attack the body earlier. DC never protects his body. Jones showed everyone the key to beating DC is to work the body

yup. jones still haunts him

he was so worried about a head kick or getting caught leaning... he refused to cover his body.

It was stupid of Stipe to not attack the body earlier. DC never protects his body. Jones showed everyone the key to beating DC is to work the body

Left hook body shots when your opponent is still relatively fresh is risky, you have to set them up nicely.

Tends to be more open when both of your are tired or sluggish because the counters coming back at you arent as fast and strong.

Stipe showed great fight IQ by recognizing what was effective.

Left hook body shots when your opponent is still relatively fresh is risky, you have to set them up nicely.

Tends to be more open when both of your are tired or sluggish because the counters coming back at you arent as fast and strong.

Stipe showed great fight IQ by recognizing what was effective.
There are more strikes to the body then left hooks. I get that Stipe doesn't have the kicks and knees of a Jones though

Stipe doesn't necessarily have a bad fight IQ, but he certainly seems to have a slow one. He didn't seem to have any kind of game plan for this fight and didn't really make any major adjustments....until the 4th. I really expected him to try and fight tall and utilize his reach with the jab, but he really didn't do much of that. For a while Stipe was content to allow DC to beat him to the punch and out jab him. It was like in the 4th, he finally realized that when he throws punches consistently that DC freezes up a bit and stops throwing as much. The body shot adjustment was excellent, but it seemed like Stipe was making the fight harder on himself by not utilizing his reach early on.

and really messed dc up like wow , any1 got gifs?

it was those body shots that set up the finish

I couldn't understand why he didn't go to the body sooner.

Stipe made a great adjustment by going to the body. Body shots are underutilized and can be a great weapon to make your opponent tired, out of breath and slow them down. Plus fighters don't usually block them for some reason and think it's not as painful as getting hit in the face but BELIEVE me that shit hurts.

they didnt come out of nowhere, they came from his fist propelled by his arm

it wasnt magic coming out of nowhere like a ghost

Just heard him at the press conference say he got the idea from the body kick Anderson landed on DC

Well that is a vulnerability of DC. Jones exposed it pretty good in the first match up. So did Anderson.

Like I said to others, DC fans/supporters kept saying DC had a bad game plan. I was thinking during the fight the same thing about Stipe, until the 4th round. And still, he should have used more low kicks, and pumped the jab more frequently.

But people (because Stipe is generally not a fan favorite) only harp on what DC did wrong in the fight and none of the things Stipe was doing wrong in the fight.

Just heard him at the press conference say he got the idea from the body kick Anderson landed on DC
I call BS on origin.

seagal2.0.jpg

Stipe noticed after the first that it affected DC, I was surprised he went for it so many times after that, but it finally worked. He also used it to feint for the headshot a couple of times.

People say DC is a tank. He believed it.

I call BS on origin.

seagal2.0.jpg
I wish Sensei Seagal would come back to sports. Maybe a tournament, one night, any and all challengers. Or only 3 or 5 top challengers. Sensei is old now.

DC's style, limited KO range, a bunch of W-column head hunter strikers and being short for a LHW probably never saw this issue come up.

A HW is going to be more willing to risk his chin than Jones and the LHWs as well to get to this point.

Be interesting how far someone like Volkov could go.
Even if you look at DC/Cain's matchups at the time.

Bigfoot/Travis Browne.others were just headhunting glass cannons on the feet

I was expecting Stipe to be throwing body kicks (or at least leg kicks), but I can't say I had any issue when he started digging in those low uppercuts instead.

Back