Cruz get a lot of hate here

TheJohnnyWalkerEra

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I like listening to him. Please list the reason why you don't like his commentary

That is all, thank you distinguished gentlemen

People just hate Cruz because he puts Rogan in his place.
Cruz & DC are the best

I like him. He is enemies with Team Frodo. That makes him amazing.

Cruz is too intelligent for most neck beards here to understand so they hate on him for their lack of understanding how mma works.

Cruz is knowledgable but his manner of speaking comes off very unnecessarily defensive, always sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder, and is extra petty with some comebacks. Plus he has the body of a ferrit.

Cruz & DC are the best

And people can have arguments and it is no big deal. Cruz and DC had a big one on TV a while back over that Jeremy Stephens Illegal strike not called by the ref.. But when DC sat down with Cruz on one of the Embedded shows for this fight "Dom my Brother"..

He's good but his inability to place nice with others can get a little old. Rogan / Cormier are great and their chemistry is the best.

IMHO he comes across as a smug know it all. He steps on Anik frequently, already a few times tonight and we’re still in the prelims.

(Admittedly, I’m biased as I’ve witnessed his interviews for years and he’s always come across as an irritable guy. The irritable guys I tolerate are those over 60, they’ve earned it.)

Cruz is too intelligent for most neck beards here to understand so they hate on him for their lack of understanding how mma works.

He was amazing on ESPN earlier breaking it down, with what Stipe needs to do different. Such a smart fighter is Cruz..

Cruz Goldie and Joe would be the best team up

absolutely not true. The problem with cruz is he isn't reactive. So say he's talking about the importance of underhooks again when one of the fighters takes an elbow to the head or a kick..well Cruz will try and continue his point in the same vocal tone while the action happens.
He kills excitement.

LOL Who doesn't get a lot of hate here?

source.gif

Like many commentators Cruz is knowledgable but can be annoying.

There aren't many people who can talk for an extended period of time without saying something stupid, and Cruz is no exception.

He's probably among the top 1% of the population in fitness for the job of commentating MMA, but that still means that he will sound like an idiot now and then.

He's good but his inability to place nice with others can get a little old. Rogan / Cormier are great and their chemistry is the best.

Cormier seems to have great chemistry with almost everyone

Him and Khabib make me laugh, they're like Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan

Gets too pissy when someone disagrees with him, then passive aggressively pushes his side of the argument the rest of the fight. It gets tedious. Has nothing to do with people not being able to understand the depths of his "brilliant" insights

absolutely not true. The problem with cruz is he isn't reactive. So say he's talking about the importance of underhooks again when one of the fighters takes an elbow to the head or a kick..well Cruz will try and continue his point in the same vocal tone while the action happens.
He kills excitement.
I was just kidding. Cruz definitely has his faults, like you said he sticks too long to one topic even when it isn’t relevant. I genuinely like him I was just sticking up for my guy, I totally get your point

Back