Do fighters report their heights or the UFC measure them?

ijngf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Some fighters have officially the same height, but do not look the same on the screen.

most fighters live in the rational world that uses the metric system

so it's probably a high school drop out UFC employee who does the unit conversions the day of the weigh ins

Considering is an irrelevant number most likely is fighter provided, cutting weight is a real thing lol.

Fighters care about weight. Fans care about height in lack of nothing better to do.

I think the fighters just give them themselves. In any case they're often inaccurate as fuck.

Carwin's height ranged from 5'11'' to 7'4''.

I would hope it's a self-reported measure and fighters with a wide spread like that are doing it for the lulz.

UFC puts them side by side with Rogan and adds or substracts from 5'8.

Good question TS, I wonder about this myself before. A lot of the fighters heights are wrong and they are always billed taller than they actually are, never shorter lol. Some of them seem accurate, but others seem way off and the figure is always higher, never lower lol.

Rumor has it Shane Carwin personally visits each fighter on the roster and measures them.

Good question TS, I wonder about this myself before. A lot of the fighters heights are wrong and they are always billed taller than they actually are, never shorter lol. Some of them seem accurate, but others seem way off and the figure is always higher, never lower lol.
Not always. Andersons taller than 5'11.

Other guys though.. Romero is 6' on UFC stats. 5'8" on Olympic stats. Lol

a
Some fighters have officially the same height, but do not look the same on the screen.
also reach is another one that doesn't pass the eye test at times. I would think it's also self-reported.

They sometimes let the fighters wear shoes when they measure their height. Here's Joe Rogan with 3 inch lifts standing next to barefoot 5'7 Holly Holm:

hqdefault.jpg

Years of BJJ and wrestling practice will compress your spine and make you shorter. It's not always lying about height, sometimes they don't know they actually got shorter.

One was probably measured with shoes and the other without

Back