Bad fighters you're suckered into watching because they had good performances in the past

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
You know the fighter. They had a nice streak going, highlight reel finishes, a few FOTNs, etc. They are not that fighter anymore but these past performances keep you interested enough to watch. Only to be disappointed.

I'm excluding all time greats from this list. Who doesn't want to see Jose Aldo fight again? Even Anderson Silva. We know he's washed up but we will still watch his next fight.

I'm talking fighters who were right below elite level to halfway decent but are currently meh to BAD. Yet you won't skip over their fights.

For me last night, it was Sam Alvey. He had a streak of a few KOs not that long ago. He sucks now. But when I see his name on a fight card, I'm like "Oh shit. This could be good." Then its not good.

Hector Lombard - he was wrecking fools in Bellator but now he gets wrecked all the time.

Diego Sanchez - inconsistent enough for me to stay interested in.

Carlos Condit

Ben Saunders

Gray Maynard

Cub Swanson

Jeremy Stephens

Michael Johnson

Cat Zingano - she beat the crap out of Amanda Nunes!

OSP

Joseph Duffy - not only was he once the last guy to beat Conor, he was lighting fools up when he first came to the UFC

Holly Holm

Cub Swanson
Carlos Condit
Diego Sanchez

Bad fighters?

giphy.gif

<DisgustingHHH>You don’t want to see Aldo or Silva fight? What a complete fucking casual.

Everyone in Bellator that used to be in the UFC.

I feel clay guida suckered us all with the 1st half of his career.

Then became a blanket.

I feel clay guida suckered us all with the 1st half of his career.

Then became a blanket.
People thought he was an all action fighter because of the diego fight, and how he flung his hair all over the place at all times. I never really understoof the hype outside of the fact that he's a decent fella which at least makes him relatable.

People thought he was an all action fighter because of the diego fight, and how he flung his hair all over the place at all times. I never really understoof the hype outside of the fact that he's a decent fella which at least makes him relatable.
He used to be a banger before Diego. I think many would agree with this

Brandon Vera
Marcus “Not even remotely Irish” Davis
John Hathaway
Semtex

You know the fighter. They had a nice streak going, highlight reel finishes, a few FOTNs, etc. They are not that fighter anymore but these past performances keep you interested enough to watch. Only to be disappointed.

I'm excluding all time greats from this list. Who doesn't want to see Jose Aldo fight again? Even Anderson Silva. We know he's washed up but we will still watch his next fight.

I'm talking fighters who were right below elite level to halfway decent but are currently meh to BAD. Yet you won't skip over their fights.

For me last night, it was Sam Alvey. He had a streak of a few KOs not that long ago. He sucks now. But when I see his name on a fight card, I'm like "Oh shit. This could be good." Then its not good.

Hector Lombard - he was wrecking fools in Bellator but now he gets wrecked all the time.

Carlos Condit

Ben Saunders

Gray Maynard

Cub Swanson

Jeremy Stephens

Michael Johnson

OSP

Joseph Duffy - not only was he once the last guy to beat Conor, he was lighting fools up when he first came to the UFC

Holly Holm

Duffy is a great shout, I imagined big things for him when he signed to the ufc

Everybody who fought in pride, and still fights now. Always watch, but it's just been borderline pathetic watching guys like Shogun, Wanderlei, and Rampage today, especially when new casuals are seeing them for the first time and thinking, "man this guy sucks, how the hell was he ever champ??"

Carlos Condit

Ben Saunders

Gray Maynard

Cub Swanson

Jeremy Stephens

Michael Johnson

OSP

Holly Holm
38CDAA9C-8BA6-4A1B-A04B-953D08953BC2.jpeg

Back