Should Cyborg leave the UFC?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I want to see the Nunes rematch, but I think Dana White really doesn't like Cyborg, it seems like he really wants to damage her brand and her legacy, so maybe the best think for her is leave the ufc and trying to get another world title for her legacy?

Julia Budd, the current 145lbs Bellator Champion just called Cris Cyborg out. She had fought Coenen, Nunes, Germaine, Rousey, etc. She's undefeated since 2011.

What do you think? Should Cyborg move to Bellator?

Cris Cyborg has been champion in StrikeForce, Invicta, UFC.. Bellator is next?

I'm not sure the state of FW in Bellator, but it can't be much worse than it is in the UFC. I don't think another title really helps her in any significant way. The absolute best for her legacy is getting back that win over Nunes. Money wise and respect wise, perhaps she'll fare better elsewhere.

Last edited:
I think Cyborg would be much happier in Bellator crushing cans and getting phony respect she feel she deserves. I feel like she has an inflated self image of herself that does not match who she really is.

Yes. Fuck Amanda rematch. The fault is, definitely, on Dana, not her. If he wants to renegotiate her contract with a much lower value, denying Amanda rematch at the end of the current contract, she has nothing to do with it.

WAR CYBORG !! RESPECT.

no go to 35 in ufc

I think Cyborg would be much happier in Bellator crushing cans and getting phony respect she feel she deserves. I feel like she has an inflated self image of herself that does not match who she really is.

Anakin is looking kind of small, did the Emperor take his supplements away?

What was the OP about again?

Cyborg should NOT leave. The most ANY fighter can make outside the UFC is $300K. Tito, Chael, Fedor, Rampage all made $300k in Bellator. 2nd tier stars like Rory Mcdonald, Ryan Bader make $100K to $200K range. The only benefit is that they can choose their sponsors.

But the UFC title contenders and champs make $30k and $40k a fight and I highly doubt any star outside the UFC could beat that money in sponsors on their own. I think sponsorship money really helps 2nd tier to low level fighters who make $3500 to $5000 in the UFC but could probably double that outside the UFC.

The most Cyborg would probably get paid outside the UFC is $200K. Cyborg made $500K plus PPV as champ. She has a 50/50 chance imo in winning the rematch against Nunes. She should just settle for $250k to $300k (no ppv) with the UFC and then when she gets her belt back she'll be back up to $500k plus PPV.

It only beneftis fighters to leave the UFC if they are well past their prime and the UFC doesn't want to pay them a high salary any more.

The UFC has no issue paying BJ Penn $150K forever, Anderson silva 600K show $800K win forever, Overeem $800K forever, but this is the exception, not the rule and this is for legacy fighters and for fighters the UFC likes.

The UFC really doesn't like Cyborg that much, she's a draw, but not a huge draw (unlike Jon Jones who could have 3 more DUIs and still be in the UFC because he draws) so they aren't going to keep paying her $500K plus ppv

Cyborg is 1-1 against top opponents, possibly 2-1 if you count the Gina win. It is not going to look good if she keeps adding cans. And every top opponent except Ronda beat Holly too.

Dana hasn’t done shit to hurt Cyborgs legacy.

She did it all on her own with years of rampant PED abuse, weight scale tampering, bullshit six pound bikini excuses, ridiculous weight cutting excuses, constant whining, and fighting bloated 115~135ers.

She's getting paid real good in the UFC and running away after losing to Nunes will kill what sellability she has left.

Go to Bellator where, at least, she'll be treated with respect from Coker. Dana called her "Wanderlei in a dress". Real douche comment. She and Coker would be great again, and Cyborg vs Budd would be an awesome fight.

I want to see the Nunes rematch, but I think Dana White really doesn't like Cyborg, it seems like he really wants to damage her brand and her legacy, so maybe the best think for her is leave the ufc and trying to get another world title for her legacy?

Julia Budd, the current 145lbs Bellator Champion just called Cris Cyborg out. She had fought Coenen, Nunes, Germaine, Rousey, etc. She's undefeated since 2011.

What do you think? Should Cyborg move to Bellator?

Cris Cyborg has been champion in StrikeForce, Invicta, UFC.. Bellator is next?

she leaving cause she doesnt wan the nunes smoke again. bellator offers her the easist fights into her retirement. who would you rather right amanda nunes or julie budd. amanda nunes or amanda bell. amanda nunes or leslie smith again. amanda nunes or ect ect ect.

I'm not sure the state of FW in Bellator, but it can't be much worse than it is in the UFC. I don't think another title really helps her in any significant way. The absolute best for her legacy is getting back that win over Nunes. Money wise and respect wise, perhaps she'll fare better elsewhere.

it full of cans and woman with .500 records.

Yes. Fuck Amanda rematch. The fault is, definitely, on Dana, not her. If he wants to renegotiate her contract with a much lower value, denying Amanda rematch at the end of the current contract, she has nothing to do with it.

WAR CYBORG !! RESPECT.

ufc doesnt want to renegotiate with her they want her to sign a new contract. cris has everything to do with it. if cris though she beat amanda she resign with the ufc with out crying she the victim. she must of talked to jon jones on how to use social media about playing the victim card.

Go to Bellator where, at least, she'll be treated with respect from Coker. Dana called her "Wanderlei in a dress". Real douche comment. She and Coker would be great again, and Cyborg vs Budd would be an awesome fight.

so disrespected making 500k a fight. budd vs cyborg is awesome for cris not budd.

since she joined the ufc and fired tito when has he said something like that. he hasnt.

Is she even a draw ?

I feel like all of her performances have been boring in the ufc

I surely wont pay to see her fight

You kinda say opposite things here? she'll be better off outside of ufc but if she stayed and won the rematch she'd be known as amazing?

She needs that rematch. I bet she'd be around a +280 dog though. but if youre her you gotta do it.

It’s not Dana’s fault her face looks like that. Lol wth is he supposed to say? Call a spade a spade.

100% yes

they've never treated her fairly as a fighter, for many reasons where both parties are at fault but I suspect it mostly falls on Dana White being an irrational prick - even before ESPN+ when they relied on PPV stars they refused to promote Cyborg, who is a draw relative to the majority of fighters

at this point, she has nothing - got destroyed by a smaller fighter moving up, best win was Holly Holm but revisionist historians will say Holm was never that good...trying to re-sign with UFC will not be good for Cyborg, as they're clearly not interested in building a 145 women's division, etc.

tbh it's best for the promotion and the fighter if Cyborg leaves

winning the bellator title wouldnt mean shit for her legacy. If she leaves the UFC her legacy will always be getting faceplanted by Amanda Nunes.

Back