Johnny Walker discusses future: 2 more fights, then Jones then Ngannou/Heavyweight title

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This dude is delusional
{<jordan}

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/johnny-walker-shares-plans-for-two-division-title-reign/

“I’d like to impress the fans by beating Francis Ngannou. He’s a machine,” Walker said. “He impressed so many people with his punching power, the way he finishes his fights. People is scared to fight him. I’m not scared to fight him. We have the same punching power. I did the test at the UFC Performance Institute. I was coming off a surgery and almost did the same number he did, so I have the same power or even more. I can definitely defeat him.

“I think I’ll have to fight two more times before fighting (Jones), so I’ll get things going in any division,” he added. “If they need a fight at heavyweight, I’m in. I don’t choose opponents. I’ll fight anyone. I don’t care if it’s a top 10, a top 20, a top 2. It’s just a regular human being that will get beat up the same way.”

Suffice it to say that Johnny Walker is hoping to make waves in the UFC’s two heaviest divisions. In fact, he’s hoping to capture titles in both weight classes.

“It will happen. That’s my plan,” Walker said. “I want two belts. It’s not ‘if’, it’s ‘when’. I came here to make history. This is what I do for a living. I chose to do this for a living. If I was an engineer or a Formula 1 driver I’d want to be the No. 1. I’m a fighter, and I want to be the greatest of all-time.”

Warrior <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

He could kill ngannou and No Boner on the same night.

Isn't the reason he went to LHW instead of HW was because he already got KOed by nobodies in the HW division twice? Francis would send him back to LHW. He would be the new Stefan Struve if he goes to HW

I think he will beat Jones. Jonny Walker Champ Champ

isn't he still rehabbing his shoulder ? hopefully its not a career ending injury.

Future GOAT.

Can't wait till he beats the steroids out of Jones.

I always have immense respect for anyone with his attitude in regards to fighting.

Anyone, anywhere, anytime. Fucking love it. Especially when it's a fireworks fighter like Johnny.

He's already preparing for Ngannou

3 UFC fights, 3 first round KO's

He's fighting lower to mid level guys, but the division he's in has absolutely no depth. Arguably heavyweight is worse. When you fight in paper-thin divisions like 205/265 and have KO power, you can easily get in the mix.

Walker looks like his listed 6'5" and he's pretty unorthodox. He's going to be a problem for a lot of people, we'll have to see as he moves up to better ranked opponents.

What he said didn't strike me as outrageous at all. He's likely two wins from a title shot. Who in the hell else is Jones going to fight?

I like his bravery. He is 5 years younger than Ngannou I think it's fairly realistic that we could see Frank vs. Johnny down the road in about 4 to 5 years or so. For his sake I hope Johnny catches Frank later on when he will have a better shot since Frank is looking like a killer now.

lmao. gets KO'd like 4 times in 10 seconds at HW

Meh.

He was 24 years old in 2016 and poorly trained. He fought a guy who was 5-0 with all first round KOs. Early in his career Max Holloway isn't comparable to the fighter he is today. People get better.

Let's start with not celebrating like a jackass and injuring himself.

Just when I was looking forward to Walker crimson doing things the right way, I have to hear this bull donkey- this is when karma rears its ugly head and some like Ilir Latifi catches him with and overhand right from hell with will be traveling upwards in light speed due to the inches.
JW- simmer down- if you're the real deal, your time will come and sooner than later due to the depleted division.

You sound like Brandon Vera.This not a good thing.

Meh.

He was 24 years old in 2016 and poorly trained. He fought a guy who was 5-0 with all first round KOs. Early in his career Max Holloway isn't comparable to the fighter he is today. People get better.
Walker still fights this way lol. He's a wild man. Didn't work at HW

I think he will beat Jones. Jonny Walker Champ Champ

Johnny said that in an interview actually. He hoped Santos lost so he could come in and dethrone the Pico Goat himself. I think Thiago, had he had a functional knee, would be champ and I even gave the fight to him. But Johnny is a real wild card like Santos, I see Johnny handing the Pico Goat a loss.

Did you shit on either one of your gay man-crushes when they first came out and said pretty much the same thing?

Or are you just triggered because he's talking about beating Jones?
he has zero good wins and was previously KO'd at heavyweight three times.

Walker still fights this way lol. He's a wild man. Didn't work at HW

He went 8-3 starting out, ending with that loss you posted. Since then he's won 9 consecutive fights. He's most definitely improved, better trained, and matured. Its tough to judge guys at 23 years of age who haven't had good training yet.

Looks like moving to the UK and being better prepared has produced good results. Who would have imagined...

Back