Who fights for the HW vacant title if DC wins the rematch?

Goldentrophy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's no secret that win or lose DC's last MMA fight will most likely be the Stipe rematch.
We can hypothesize on Brock/Jones but Bones seems super reluctant to go to HW and DC cannot cut to LHW anymore and Brock is still doing his WWE routine.

So if DC beats Stipe in the rematch and retires/vacates who will fight for the title vacancy?
Francis vs JDS winner vs whom?

Stipe? he would be 0-2 in his last two title fights so I doubt he gets a third crack.
Overeem? I think if JDS beats Francis then the Reem can get a shot but probably needs at least one more win.
Blaydes? Needs another win and it'll have to be a situation of JDS beating Ngannou.
Volkov? Usada issues and lost his last fight, needs a 3 fight win streak at minimum.

The rest of the top 10 are nowhere near close to title contention.

It's odd because Stipe has beaten both JDS and Francis.

That's a good question.
Plus I have a feeling either Francis or JDS will request Stipe just to avenge the loss but he definitely wouldn't deserve it imo he would need a win streak of 2 wins minimum imo.

I honestly hope DC wins and defends against either Ngannou or Dos Santos just so we can see how he does against them.

However, if he does it will be Greg Hardy vs Ngannou. The Michael Jordan of MMA.

If Dos Santos wins and DC retires I'll expect Jones vs Dos Santos.

If not then I think it will be Reem vs Frances 2 and Stipe vs Blaydes for the no.1 contender.

Makes the most sense imo but more so if JDS wins more than Francis.Reem's lost to Curtis still feels very fresh to me.

Maybe so, but Reem vs Ngannou or JDS II for the title is an easy fight to sell. Blaydes doesn't have a huge name and if Francis beats JDS and ends up fighting for the title it's going to be very hard to sell Ngannou vs Blaydes III

Or... Greg Hardy.

In this era, is it even out of the question?

Back