Do you think Islam Makachaev worth something?

BonesWinckleJones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He got the best training partner in the world,dagestani mentality,hard worker,already 27
but he is not any near close to Khabib level
RectangularMintyBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

im not even talking about this,shit happens but clearly he got chechen jaw, a thing that can cause problems in the future,but even in his last fight against nothing close to ranked opponent he had alot of struggels

Yes, he's worth alot.

Go watch his last opponents past fights.

That was a very hard matchup for anyone at LW. And dangerous too, being an unknown unranked fighter.

I believe he’s overrated. Though that might just be me being bitter over Khabib smashing my boy.

His questionable chin will cause him trouble in the future. I don’t believe he will be a champion.

Suspect chin, without a doubt.

Is this a joke? Islam will be in the top 3 soon.

Nah not really we’ve got plenty of generic Russians with hard to pronounce names

I tend to believe he is. I give credit to Martins for that win when it occurred, but he has proven to be a top shelf lightweight in my opinion. His stock rose in his last fight in my view as he went against a very skilled fighter far under the radar and displayed excellent grappling ability, stamina, and overall well-roundedness. Additionally, he has dismantled tough opponents such as Kajan Johnson and Gleison Tibau in very impressive fashion. Along with Gregor Gillespie, he is a valid contender that few are considering when discussing lightweight contenders. A lot of people are asking for him and Gillespie to fight, but I don't agree. Though the fight would be a great competitive affair most likely, I believe both are deserving of a fight that will greatly increase their ranking. Should they both emerge as top 7 or so contenders, I would then care to see them compete against each other.

I believe he’s overrated. Though that might just be me being bitter over Khabib smashing my boy.

His questionable chin will cause him trouble in the future. I don’t believe he will be a champion.
How did you get double yellows overnight???

Gregor gillespie and islam are the new khabib and RDA

He got the best training partner in the world,dagestani mentality,hard worker,already 27
but he is not any near close to Khabib level
RectangularMintyBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

im not even talking about this,shit happens but clearly he got chechen jaw, a thing that can cause problems in the future,but even in his last fight against nothing close to ranked opponent he had alot of struggels
That clip reminded me of khabib a couple years ago. He lunged forward recklessly like that in his first ufc fights. His striking has come along nicely, he's way more composed.

If he only stopped throwing that terrible flying knee to get to the clinch tho. Someone has to catch him with sth coming in like that one day.

Dude is over hyped as fuck, has he even fought anyone in the top 15?

Back