Aldo's contract has to have implications of some big/super fights

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I mean,8 fights?
There isn't even 5 guys that make sense for him to fight at FW let alone 8.
A Conor rematch has to be in the works here at some point right? And it would make sense him moving up and having his last couple fights at LW?

Thoughts?

I would love to see aldo at LW. i think he could be a beast if he just embraced the weight class and fought at a full 155 with good cardio.

Im telling you prime aldo fucks up khabib

I mean,8 fights?
There isn't even 5 guys that make sense for him to fight at FW let alone 8.
A Conor rematch has to be in the works here at some point right? And it would make sense him moving up and having his last couple fights at LW?

Thoughts?

UFC deliberately makes long sunset contracts so their top guys can't go fight elsewhere at the end of their career.

lets start to cry for every fighter now. cormier has no money fights, colby has no money fight etc

and you ask why the ufc is dying :))?

Why do shertards have such infatuations with superfights?

It doesn't matter if there aren't 8 guys to fight him RIGHT NOW
He isn't gonna do all 8 fights right now is he?
I'm sure they can give him 8 fights that make sense over the span of a few year
Established fighters go on runs and prospects break out

Why do shertards have such infatuations with superfights?
really? ffs. We are all fans because we like fighting. why the fuck would anyone not want to see a superfight as you call it

It doesn't matter if there aren't 8 guys to fight him RIGHT NOW
He isn't gonna do all 8 fights right now is he?
I'm sure they can give him 8 fights that make sense over the span of a few year
Established fighters go on runs and prospects break out
Reported
he's doing all eight fights tomorrow

I would imagine Connor vs Aldo II at 155 would be a stipulation

lets start to cry for every fighter now. cormier has no money fights, colby has no money fight etc

According to Dana the sport is growing. Growing defined by Dana.....When he can convince the fighters to take less of the pie for long term success, i.e. the Reebok deal. He screwed the fighters and Dana and friends made a boatload. Go Dana Go!

i respect aldo as a fighter and everything he has done in the fw. however, im very disappointed that he has not gone up to lw yet.

No, there is no implication of superfights, or anything else.

It's a long contract because they (and Aldo himself) know Aldo has no desire to fight eight more times.

He could fight 1-2 more times, and then retire (but bound by the UFC contract so he can't go to a rival).

What the hell are you talking about? I'm just wondering who he's gonna fight in these last 8 fights.

really? ffs. We are all fans because we like fighting. why the fuck would anyone not want to see a superfight as you call it

Well, personally I'm not crazy about matching people from different divisions because I find fights more interesting when the outcome is determined mainly by skill. X factors like a notable size difference, or a guy fighting after extreme dehydration just mess up what I'm hoping to see. Of course some such matches can be interesting but I don't share the insatiable appetite for them that is voiced on this site.

According to Dana the sport is growing. Growing defined by Dana.....When he can convince the fighters to take less of the pie for long term success, i.e. the Reebok deal. He screwed the fighters and Dana and friends made a boatload. Go Dana Go!

if you don't think the sport is growing, you're a moron. The sport is becoming larger globally right now than it has ever been. Hence the PI in China, the 3 coming in Mexico, the one coming in Puerto Rico.

Bashing Dana while being realistic are things that can happen. Just not with the large majority of you goofs here on Sherdog.

aldo will never finish this contract. This is just a way for the ufc to ensure he doesn’t go to a competitor and retires with them.

Back