Jorge Masvidal Calls Out Nate Diaz

Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Oh, I definitely would love to. He’s going to get in there and fight, you know, there’s no question about it; he’s going to just fight!”

“I haven’t done my homework. Is [Nate] a 170-pounder or is he doing this because Pettis is just a ’55er and … and they both just agreed to fight at ’70 and not cut the weight so they could give it all in the fight night and both of them just go in there and give it what they got in the fight instead of cutting weight? I don’t know if Nate is a long time ‘70-pounder now or what’s happening. But if he is, if he’s staying at ‘70 and that fight gets offered me, I’d love to fight Nate.”

Masvidal believes a fight against Nate Diaz would be a Fight of the Year contender. Although that is a fight “Gamebred” wants, he’s open to fight anybody that would allow him to put on a fun fight — so long as they’ve proven themselves as top talent.

“I’d love to fight anybody that’s worth fighting, that wants to put on a great show and that’s a great competitor,” he said. “Not just somebody just calls my name out and they’re like, ‘I can beat Masvidal’ and the guy is not even in the f**king top-10. Get the f**k out of here, go put your f**king dues in, man, before you starting naming off people.

“We see it so much in the division. I don’t want to mention the other guys that do it, but they talk about these super fights. Motherf**ker, you haven’t even won in your division a big fight and you’re just calling out people. Legends in the sport,” Masvidal continued. “What the f**k is wrong with you, man? You know, go put in your f**king work, put your hard hat on, put your mouthpiece on, get to work, you know, stand out from your division and call me out!”

-BJPenn.com

Last edited:
Masvidal either peices up Nate's legs or he loses a close decision due to being to defensive

I think masvidal would take it, especially at ww.

I'd like to see that fight, fun style matchup. Would go with Masvidal by decision

Nate has been out a long time... would be entertaining but think now Masvidal would piece him up for a decision.

Masvidal and easy and by whatever he wants. Wrestling, boxing, kicking

At 170? Masvidal smashes Nate. Nick would be a better fight if he wasn’t too busy being Nick.

Gamebred via whatever & wherever he wants.

Make it happen!

I wouldn’t really call that a “callout” but whatever

I would absolutely love to see this fight and would purchase the PPV even if it had no other good fights. I would root for Nate and I think it's a close fight, but as always that lead leg of Nate worries me a ton. Like someone else in this thread said though I think Nick would be the better match. Maybe it's just that I am dying to see Nick fight again because if he waits to much longer he will be too old (In my opinion he's getting pretty close to that invisible age cutoff that is different for everyone as it is). This is off topic but I would love to see Nick fight Askren too and I think the trash talk before the fight would be pretty fun too.

I think this fight would go the distance and Masvidal would probably take the decision, but I could definitely see Nate submitting him too.

Last edited:
Masvidal and I say that as a Nate Diaz fan.

Nates a vegan and i doubt he drinks soda

Despite the KO win, Masvidal didn’t have a great performance against Till, don’t know why anyone thinks he’s suddenly a contender lol

1. He didn't call Nate out.
2. I'd favor Masvidal. He's bigger, is a slightly better striker, and has good enough TDD to keep it standing.

Already planning for life after 30-24 Askren

Back