Please enlighten me

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do fighters preserve their muscle and strength after these brutal weight cuts? What percentage would you say they are recovered after rehydration? I don't believe the body only taps into its fat stores.. muscle goes along with it

I once went on a low calorie low liquid diet for a few days and my body devoured its own tissues

How do fighters preserve their muscle and strength after these brutal weight cuts? What percentage would you say they are recovered after rehydration? I don't believe the body only taps into its fat stores.. muscle goes along with it

I once went on a low calorie low liquid diet for a few days and my body devoured its own tissues
Platinum Bless, my friend.

Same. Can run for a week and shoulders/chest mass goes 1st.

Gatorade baths...

source.gif

It may seem paradoxical but low calorie diets tend to consume muscle and healthy tissue whereas fasting (zero calories) in a healthy person does not. I think the reason for this is that any food you take in from the outside still requires processing and low calorie diets generally don't bring in everything needed for that processing. Also during a low calorie diet you are still spiking insulin because those nutrients need to be shuttled into the muscle, but at the same time insulin is fat preservative. When you fast, however, many systems, such as digestion, shut down or are greatly reduced. In addition the body goes into survival mode and works to preserve muscle tissue so you can find your next meal. Insulin is shut down, and HgH is ramped up, preserving muscle.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/does-fasting-burn-muscle

Recent clinical evidence bears out the fact that repeated fasting does not cause muscle loss. In a 2010 study of alternate daily fasting, patients were able to lose significant fat mass with no change in lean mass. In this schedule, subjects eat normally on feeding days, and alternate that with a day of fasting. In addition, numerous metabolic benefits, such as reduced cholesterol, triglycerides and waist circumference were noted along with the weight loss.

Back