Tito Wouldn't Have Taken Down...

mkt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This version of Ken Shamrock. Severn couldn't, and he was a 260-pound, 2-time Div 1 All-American.

He's the best light heavyweight of the night

Could have knocked him out with his head though.

Tito owns Ken Kilpatrick's soul.

Tito owns guys who are a good 10+ years past their prime. He should rematch Ryan Bader to face some karma.
You just disproved your own claim within two sentences, congrats.

You just disproved your own claim within two sentences, congrats.

Uh, no I didn't. The Bader fight was his late-career Matt Serra moment. Bader would beat him at least 9 times out of 10 back then, and probably 100 out of 100 now. That was around the same time when Tito couldn't even beat Matt Hamill.

Tito’s head would have legally KO headbutted that version of Ken Shamrock.

Tito’s head would have legally KO headbutted that version of Ken Shamrock.

Not if he couldn't take him down. Note that I didn't necessarily say 1995 Ken would beat 2004 Tito. The sport evolved a lot and almost all grapplers had terrible striking in 1995. Tito might have won a decision if the grappling was a stalemate and he outstruck Ken. But he wouldn't have just walked out and taken him down like he did to 40-year old Ken with totally shot knees.

Uh, no I didn't. The Bader fight was his late-career Matt Serra moment. Bader would beat him at least 9 times out of 10 back then, and probably 100 out of 100 now. That was around the same time when Tito couldn't even beat Matt Hamill.
Listen, you want to dog on Tito for the Ken fights, and I get that but fact of the matter is that he's simply a different matchup than Severn. He's a more aggressive and powerful guy, while Dan is a grinding, old school wrestler who couldn't strike his way out of a wet paper bag (there's a reason he put on a shit fight against Kimo and never got a fight in Pride ever again).

I'm of the mindset that they (Ken and Tito) would have split fights when facing off in each other's prime. For all his faults, Tito was a pretty durable and strong dude.

Listen, you want to dog on Tito for the Ken fights, and I get that but fact of the matter is that he's simply a different matchup than Severn. He's a more aggressive and powerful guy, while Dan is a grinding, old school wrestler who couldn't strike his way out of a wet paper bag (there's a reason he put on a shit fight against Kimo and never got a fight in Pride ever again).

I'm of the mindset that they (Ken and Tito) would have split fights when facing off in each other's prime. For all his faults, Tito was a pretty durable and strong dude.

I don't disagree. See my post just above yours.

Not if he couldn't take him down. Note that I didn't necessarily say 1995 Ken would beat 2004 Tito. The sport evolved a lot and almost all grapplers had terrible striking in 1995. Tito might have won a decision if the grappling was a stalemate and he outstruck Ken. But he wouldn't have just walked out and taken him down like he did to 40-year old, no-knees Ken.

I mostly agree with you. Tito was very tentative in a lot of his early fights. I’m actually on the fence if 1995 Ken would or would not beat early Tito.

This version of Ken Shamrock. Severn couldn't, and he was a 260-pound, 2-time Div 1 All-American.

Honestly the way he dominated Ken in their fights, I'm not sure Ken could have won in his prime, but I would have loved to have seen that fight.

I mostly agree with you. Tito was very tentative in a lot of his early fights. I’m actually on the fence if 1995 Ken would or would not beat early Tito.

I definitely think Ken would've beaten Tito in his debut when he lost to Mezger. Ken was too experienced and savvy with submissions and Tito was new to the ground game outside of pure wrestling. If Ken were still in the UFC in 1999 when Tito beat Bohlander and Mezger (but lost to Frank), that would've been a great fight.

Honestly the way he dominated Ken in their fights, I'm not sure Ken could have won in his prime, but I would have loved to have seen that fight.
<{Joewithit}> Tito was just a stronger version of Ken with an endless tank of cardio..

its crazy how the Steroid guys like Shamrock and Vitor Belfort who looked massive were actually tiny in weight, Severn was 260 but natural and burly, Shamrock looked to be at least 240 but only weighed 205 pounds, Vitor was 210 when he made his debut but he was jacked looked to be at least 230 pounds

It probably has to do with their bone structure look how skinny Shamrock and Vitors ankles were their bones were not dense they had skinny bones compared to someone like Severn.

Back