Poirer is going to win against Khabib, because he's not scared (unlike Conor)

• Thread starter Deleted member 474013
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 474013

Because Conor was scared. And I am not saying, that Conor was the first fighter who was scared before the fight. But because Conor so many times had that advantage in psychological war before, that then he meets Khabib his tricks not only didn't work on Khabib, but even hugely backfired on him.

And Poirer seems like on a mission here. he's not talking trash, he's probably just very angry inside. And Khabib and his team a far from good guys, so this gives him a huge motivation to win.

Was underestimating him before, but this guy is on a mission.

001_Poirier_and_McGregor.0.jpg

conorjoseGOBIGstaredown.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Why'd you post a pic staring off against Conor

he was shook af

He have several reasons to be motivated for sure but I don't think the whole "Khabib and his boys are not good guys" is one of them.

he wasn't on a mission when he got knocked the fuck out by Conor

Poirier has a bigger shot than Conor. Its going to take a worker to beat Khabib

Poirier has a great chance but I wouldn't say "he's going to win". Its going to ba a tough fight for both guys potentially.

I think Poirier wins. But don't think it's gonna be because he is not scared. Just like I don't think that was the reason Conor lost.

he wasn't on a mission when he got knocked the fuck out by Conor
different weight class 145lbs and that was 5years ago (by the time he fights Khabib in Sept).

Things progress, fighters progress.
One loss 5yrs ago is unlikely to be a good predictor of an upcoming MMA title-fight.

Porier has some solid and big wrestlers he trains with. If he can somehow keep it standing he could cause some trouble for khabib. I doubt he will be able to though but its possible.

I don’t think anyone at this level is ‘scared’ to fight someone.

Nervous, self-doubt maybe, but not scared.

Being brave is cool. But if the other guy is better he’s still going to win.

Seems like a McGregor bash to me. Which is fine. But why bring a coward into an argument like this?

At what point during the fight was Conor "scared"? The very second the fight began, he walked straight towards Khabib with no fear at all and started throwing heat at him.

Dustin might pull off the upset, but it won't be because he isn't scurred.

I think Poirier is terrified of losing and his bravado is a big act. The guy seems just a bit too unstable to be truly fearless.

Poirier needs to beat Khabib to legitimize his fake belt and knows that if he loses, it's probably his last chance at gold for a long time, if ever.

There are fighters that literally don't give AF or who have no fear getting into the cage but I wouldn't classify Poirier as one of them.

Khabib is going to win and make it look easy. Bookmark this.

I don't know about scared, but Conor was definitely frustrated with Khabib not freaking out during the press conference, it was evident at the staredown when Conor was yapping but not looking eye to eye, and Khabib just smirked at him.

That said, the reason Khabib beat Conor is because he's a better fighter, and the reason Khabib is going to beat Poirier is because he's a better fighter.

Poirier has a bigger shot than Conor. Its going to take a worker to beat Khabib
I agree. Poirier is basically a bigger & more talented version of Al Iaquinta. They've both got that toughness and work ethic.

However, Khabib's wrestling is just so damn good. I hate the guy, but he's got olympic level MMA wrestling (if there is such a thing). And if he keeps working his striking, which looked better than ever against Conor, he's going to be a nightmare to beat.

Back