An MMA match isn’t really a fight is it?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the same way a boxing match isn’t a fight.

It’s a combat sport, that is Similar to a fight. Very similar. But an MMA fight has a specific way that it looks, specific pacing.

People go for submissions and takedowns without fear of getting headstomped. People take advantage of the rules to do certain things they wouldn’t do in an actual fight. Jumping guillotines pulling guard laying on your back.

Putting on hand on the ground to avoid knees in the head. Jon Jones sticks his whole hand in people’s faces and accidentally eye gouges.

So similar to a fight but not a fight.

It’s a combat sport, that is Similar to a fight. Very similar. But an MMA fight has a specific way that it looks, specific pacing.

People go for submissions and takedowns without fear of getting headstomped. People take advantage of the rules to do certain things they wouldn’t do in an actual fight. Jumping guillotines pulling guard laying on your back.

Putting on hand on the ground to avoid knees in the head. Jon Jones sticks his whole hand in people’s faces and accidentally eye gouges.

it's a fight with rules.

and as close as you should get to a real fight.

and yes, they are better trained to have a real fight than anyone else.

MMA is for pussies, Kimbo and co. were the real Gs.

Marines would beat UFC-fighters in combat.

If it was a real fight there would be no referee, no rules, and probably countless deaths from use of weapons.

it's a fight with rules.

and as close as you should get to a real fight.

and yes, they are better trained to have a real fight than anyone else.
well

I imagine you could get closer

So silly.

Approximating "real fights" exists on a continuum.

The more rules you have, the further it's removed from a "real fight", all else being equal.

That's it.

Its pretty close but in no ways a real fight
Early Ufc and Pride rules were the closest thing to an one on one unarmed fight that can be

it's probably as close to a no-rules fight you can get in a regulated sport, after Rizin and ONE. 80% identical to a no-rules fight i'd say

giphy.gif

Is this a serious question? It’s a fight with rules obviously...sherdog never ceases to amaze me.

Is this a serious question? It’s a fight with rules obviously...sherdog never ceases to amaze me.

You’re not understanding me. We saw a video where a gym trainer in Brazil attacked his student and beat him for leaving his school.

The way he attacked him looked like a mixed martial arts fight. He threw calm punches and picked his shots and jumped for a guillotine.

It wasn’t the desperate frenzied rushing of combos that you see people do in a real feet.

You’re not understanding me. We saw a video where a gym trainer in Brazil attacked his student and beat him for leaving his school.

The way he attacked him looked like a mixed martial arts fight. He threw calm punches and picked his shots and jumped for a guillotine.

It wasn’t the desperate frenzied rushing of combos that you see people do in a real feet.
so what do you mean by "a real fight" then? untrained guys throwing frenzied rushing of boxing combos?
(btw, most people who doesn't train in fighting doesn't know how to throw a combo)

You mean he fought like a trained fighter as opposed to an untrained street fighter?

does sound like the gym trainer needs a good beatdown....

Back