Dos Anjos/Henderson

KAZSoliloquy

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BStops%2BBen%2BHenderson%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2BTulsa.gif

how early is the stoppage in your opinion?

bendo went down like a ton of bricks but popped right back up after big john jumped in. he wasn’t hurt that bad and really wasn’t offered much of a chance to recover. this looks like a 2005 stoppage to me. very early.

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BStops%2BBen%2BHenderson%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2BTulsa.gif

bendo went down like a ton of bricks but popped right back up after big john jumped in. he wasn’t hurt that bad and really wasn’t offered much of a chance to recover. this looks like a 2005 stoppage to me. very early.

if i'm not mistaken, bendo took a killer knee to the chin seconds before this. and i think bendo had trouble standing up, too. when you factor that in, big john did the right thing.

if i'm not mistaken, bendo took a killer knee to the chin seconds before this. and i think bendo had trouble standing up, too. when you factor that in, big john did the right thing.

here's that knee

giphy.gif

I think it was a good stoppage.

Don't forget that Benson had already been rocked badly before that punch landed, when Dos Anjos hit him with a flying knee.
well i just watched it and the knee was solid, no doubt, but not devastating. bendo looked okay when the two stood up and clinched

If you get dropped twice in 15 seconds you have no right to complain when the fight gets stopped

It's possible you could have continued, but if you don't want the fight stopped you can't get hurt again that immediately

Don't go down like a ton of bricks.

at the time I remember it being a bit early, but now I'm not so sure.

this was basically the end of Bendo, and the fight that propelled RDA into a perennial contender/champion.

Dos Anjos remains the only guy to KO or TKO Bendo. I think he was telling the truth that he had a terrible weight cut for the Eddie Alvarez fight. I think he beats Eddie 9 times out of 10. However, Khabib still beats him at LW and several fighters beat him at WW...the wrestler's curse. Very good fighter, though.

at the time I remember it being a bit early, but now I'm not so sure.

this was basically the end of Bendo, and the fight that propelled RDA into a perennial contender/champion.

I'd say the Pettis rematch was the end of prime Bendo, but this fight sealed his fate. He then lost to Cerrone, and with 3 losses in this last 5 LW fights, he was a LONG way from a title shot.

I remember this fight

I remember thinking meh.. RDA good for him but he will still never amount to much

I'd say the Pettis rematch was the end of prime Bendo, but this fight sealed his fate. He then lost to Cerrone, and with 3 losses in this last 5 LW fights, he was a LONG way from a title shot.
It was also the end of Showtime's prime, coming to think of it..

For sure think he briefly went out when that left landed, but seems an early stoppage for me since he was right back up and never really not defending himself

That being said Bendo stole so many decisions I couldn't care less

It was also the end of Showtime's prime, coming to think of it..

In his next fight, Pettis looked pretty good submitting Gil Melendez (sealing the end of yet another fighter's prime) but you're right, his best days were almost over as well. He really wilted under RDA's pressure fighting in this second title defense. Despite the Wonderboy win, Pettis hasn't looked the same since and has lost a lot more fights than he's won.

Back