Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/endeavor-files-go-public-1213239

Conor will finally be able to get him some shares like he always wanted

<36>

I might buy some too just to troll on sherdog that im danas boss

Full report:
"Endeavor is finally declaring its intention to go public and, in doing so, is offering details of its financial position.

The media company that counts talent agency WME among its holdings generated $3.61 billion in revenue in 2018 and net income of $231.3 million, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday. After adjustments, net income was $100.1 million, and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was $551.1 million.

The filing arrives less than a day after an overture by the major agencies to restart talks with the Writers Guild over a new franchise agreement.

The company boasts in its filing that it has "represented some of the world's greatest talent" since 1898. Currently, it represents various elements of 300 TV shows and it represents 60 percent of headliners of various music festivals."

Included in the filing was a letter from Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel, below:
endeavor_ipo_letter_embed.jpg

I miss the old days.

This corporate shit is weird

Everyone on Sherdog should buy some shares and we can make Polls and vote on company matters.

I'll wait a few years and buy some interim shares

I will buy a couple shares and then when I illegally stream PPVs, I can claim "It's cool, I'm an owner."

Been waiting for this for a good minute now. Def going to snag a few shares initially and see what happens. I think the potential is there with a lot of the power moves the UFC/ WME has been making, but I'm far from an expert. At least it won't be nearly as bad as the Pro Elite MMA shares I had and never want to think about again.

I wish I had bought shares in WWE when they first came out at under 10 bucks..... It's over 80 now. :(

Perhaps I will look into this.

I wish I had bought shares in WWE when they first came out at under 10 bucks..... It's over 80 now. :(

Perhaps I will look into this.

May want to wait until the next major correction hits.

Well a lot of signs were pointing to this.

I guess we'll now finally get some good concrete business numbers from the UFC.

P.S.: I'd like to be reminded how Ferts screwed over WME/Endeavor?? They'll probably raise a few billion from this IPO alone. Big picture guys.

This has nothing to do with UFC. Endeavor holds UFC as an asset so the IPO and subsequent price fluctuations have no direct affect on the UFC... Unless Endeavor elects to sell the UFC--which they'd likely do as a whole.

Then WWE would purchase the UFC outright and we'd all stick hot needles in our pee holes and howl at the moon.

"Endeavor is finally declaring its intention to go public and, in doing so, is offering details of its financial position.

The media company that counts talent agency WME among its holdings generated $3.61 billion in revenue in 2018 and net income of $231.3 million, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday. After adjustments, net income was $100.1 million, and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was $551.1 million...
A key asset is Ultimate Fighting Championship, and its Endeavor Content asset has financed or sold more than 100 shows and movies, including La La Land, Killing Eve and The Night Manager. Endeavor also owns Sport 24, an all-day sport channel for airplanes and cruise ships."

Didn't Dana White say he'd be fired if the UFC went public?

Followup:

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/4/1/1...-bad-idea-because-hell-probably-get-fired-mma

"Dana White thinks UFC going public is a ‘bad idea’ because he’ll probably get fired"
"But there are reports that have Endeavor LLC, parent company of UFC following 2016’s $4 billion sale, is planning to go public by the end of 2019, which means Conor McGregor (and the rest of the world) can finally own a piece of the combat sports pie."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...en-a-fan-of-the-ufc-going-public-mma-wme-news

The media company that counts talent agency WME among its holdings generated $3.61 billion in revenue in 2018 and net income of $231.3 million, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday. After adjustments, net income was $100.1 million, and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was $551.1 million...
A key asset is Ultimate Fighting Championship, and its Endeavor Content asset has financed or sold more than 100 shows and movies, including La La Land, Killing Eve and The Night Manager. Endeavor also owns Sport 24, an all-day sport channel for airplanes and cruise ships."

Endeavor going public ≠ UFC going public

this probably means Endevour will continue to try and shift UFCs revenue even more over to stable income sources like TV deals etc. PPVs will become less and less important

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back