JDS vs Cain 2 wasnt THAT bad a beating.

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Threw in my dvd around 2am last night...5 round decisions make me sleepy and I couldn't sleep.

Anyhoo...round 1 was pretty much Cain chasing Junior around the octagon till he gassed him out and then Cain landed that clean overhand right and some heavy GnP.

Cains boxing was on too...landed a ton of jabs while Junior was worried about takedowns.

After that though. Cain was pretty much just wrestle fuqqing Junior and landing some casual GnP to look busy.

He also landed a ton of headbutts while dirt boxing Junior against the cage...most of the damage done to Juniors face was from headbutts.

Junior had a lot of chances to land on cain in rounds 3 through 5 but was just too gassed...he did tag him a few times with lead uppercuts but there was nothing behind them.

Why couldn't Cain finish Junior though?...is what was going through my head.

Yeah, JDS was robbed in that fight. He clearly did the more damage.

xdIucYg.jpg

Cain has the most irritating style in MMA history. JDS's KO of Cain was a better win than both of Cain's sweaty blanket attack wins combined.

Haven't watched in a long time but I remember JDS getting the beating of a lifetime.

Cain without a doubt took time off Junior's life with fights 2 and 3. Not sure what fights you were watching.

Agreed, TS. I just rewatched it now. This is my favorite part - JDS going to his corner after the 5th to await the decision.

SnappyExcellentAnaconda-size_restricted.gif

jdsface.gif

cain-6.gif

He was still in it, IMO.

The HW division would have been far more exciting had Junior won the second fight.

Instead, we had Cain fight the same guy over and over with huge layoffs in between and JDS who was, at the time, on the path of being GOAT and putting on super exciting fights stopped by him.

Junior has never been the same since those beatings. Props to Cain for being able to do that but I wish he couldn’t/didn’t

The HW division would have been far more exciting had Junior won the second fight.

Instead, we had Cain fight the same guy over and over with huge layoffs in between and JDS who was, at the time, on the path of being GOAT and putting on super exciting fights stopped by him.

Junior has never been the same since those beatings. Props to Cain for being able to do that but I wish he couldn’t/didn’t
This. We coulda seen JDS vs Brock, JDS vs Ubereem.. But goddam fragile Cain had to win the rematches and hold up the division

Sounds like you rewatched it with your eyes closed

Threw in my dvd around 2am last night...5 round decisions make me sleepy and I couldn't sleep.

Anyhoo...round 1 was pretty much Cain chasing Junior around the octagon till he gassed him out and then Cain landed that clean overhand right and some heavy GnP.

Cains boxing was on too...landed a ton of jabs while Junior was worried about takedowns.

After that though. Cain was pretty much just wrestle fuqqing Junior and landing some casual GnP to look busy.

He also landed a ton of headbutts while dirt boxing Junior against the cage...most of the damage done to Juniors face was from headbutts.

Junior had a lot of chances to land on cain in rounds 3 through 5 but was just too gassed...he did tag him a few times with lead uppercuts but there was nothing behind them.

Why couldn't Cain finish Junior though?...is what was going through my head.
<LikeReally5>

Back