Urijah Faber ready to come back.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

When asked about the legitimacy of his comment, Faber told The MMA Hour that "it's very serious." Further detailing his thought process, Faber explained the motivation as well. “No one really gets to see the behind the scenes of what goes on when events are being put together or anything like that. Throughout my time being retired, I’ve been offered fights on a couple different occasions and learned my lesson. If I’m starting to get tempted or thinking about it, just to get myself in good shape and I’ve always stayed in the gym obviously, being at the (Alpha Male) team and helping mentor the guys.

"Training all year round etc so I’ve probably of the last six months, giving a little more consideration after being offered a couple of short notice fights that I’m like ‘man that’s kinda tempting.’ The reason I retired in the first place is because I wanted to, felt like it. I was feeling like ‘okay if I’m thinking about it,’ maybe it’s the time and it’s the same reason why I’m thinking about coming back out and taking a fight. Sounds like fun, a little FOMO."

Faber's thoughts aren't without reference either, with the former WEC Champion citing his current performance in training, "I know, as a gauge, I do really well against the guys still and if I’m gonna do it, you don’t wanna wait longer . . . I just turned 40 which is crazy. I kinda teased it once I did turn 40 I’d like to challenge myself . . . do some fights, I got the new baby so some names have been thrown out there for opponents and it’s real possible.”

As for when fans will know for sure about Faber's fighting future, 'The California Kid' told Luke Thomas that it'll become clear “pretty soon.” UFC Fight Night Sacramento takes place on July 13th and is set to air on ESPN+.

https://www.fightful.com/mma/urijah...ightful MMA News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic

Why not, let's do Cruz vs Faber 4. Chances are itll be the losers last fight

Didn't he just fight last February...?

2219893.jpg

Dope, I love seeing Fabet get busted up in the octagon.

As long as he changes his nickname to the California Man

First....he needs to go through Nicky Ryan...

That guy is still a Kid...but fucking fantastic at jj

...btw...
Caol Uno is grappling against Leigh Remedios on the same card

He'll take out the entire division via measles and bubonic plague

He grappling is excellent, but his striking has fallen behind the times.

If he gets your back or neck, it's over. The problem is the top fighters in his division aren't going to be put into those positions by Faber.

He's a legend and should be respected, but time kicks all of our asses.

He had a decent send off. I hope he stays retired, he's really lost his explosiveness.

He should stay retired. Dude is old and not cormier, romero or Silva old. Old like he will lose to gatekeepers.

Back