Highest level ground games in the UFC today?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So many guys in the UFC can roll at a high level. A lot go under the radar, I mean guys like Davi Ramos are scary good grapplers but don't really get much credit. Although Davi fought a weird fight on Saturday.

My top 5 would be Maia, Oliviera, Hall, Kron & RDA (?).

Who has the best jitz

So many guys in the UFC can roll at a high level. A lot go under the radar, I mean guys like Davi Ramos are scary good grapplers but don't really get much credit. Although Davi fought a weird fight on Saturday.

My top 5 would be Maia, Oliviera, Hall, Kron & RDA (?).

Who has the best jitz

I wouldn't have RDA on that list.

Cory garbrandt or Darren till. They get koed and hit the ground all the time

Deserves a mention.

Alexey-UFC-Weigh-in.jpg

Allegedly Ramos but fuck knows about that

Hermansson nearly subbed Jacare though so he gets my vote

Not Hall and RDA. I'd put Ferguson above both of them.

This Jack fella from Sweden is pretty fun. I kept expecting him to gas against Souza but he just never did. That collar he pulled off on Branch was nice.

Of course Souza was one of the best grapplers of his era. But he hasn't proven it in mma in quite awhile.

Not Hall and RDA. I'd put Ferguson above both of them.

This Jack fella from Sweden is pretty fun. I kept expecting him to gas against Souza but he just never did. That collar he pulled off on Branch was nice.
Fergusons tenth planet ground game wouldn't hold a candle to Gracie or Halls, imo

Edit: Thought you said Gracie for some reason, Yeah Cucuy may have a better game than RDA.

Fergusons tenth planet ground game wouldn't hold a candle to Gracie or Halls, imo
Well, Hall is a natural 145er, and I refuse to get in. But Ferguson subs him in MMA. IMO. Probably not in BJJ.

EDIT: OK I just spent 3 minutes here and admit my ignorance about him. He may be much better than I thought.

I simply could never get that Maynard fight out of my head, and that probably clouded my judgment.

And if he showed a lot on whatever season of TUF he was on, I didn't watch it.

Last edited:
Demian Maia
Charles Oliveira
Brian Ortega
Kron Gracie
Alexey Oleynik
Jacaré Souza
Fabrício Werdum (does he still count?)

Jussier Formiga, Luke Rockhold, Tony Ferguson?

Yeah had some doubts, definitely other guys. RDA does have incredible jitsu though

Most definitely he does.

I'd probably favor Ortega for that 5th spot. But your first 4 are decent picks.

giphy.gif

He was keeping the ground warm by using his back. Amazing.

In WMMA you've got Suarez and that tall chick from Australia.

Khabib over RDA and (imo) Cowboy over Oliviera. Otherwise no arguments.

Back