Put yourself in a fighter’s shoes: what would annoy you more?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Scenario 1: you and your opponent are both using PEDs and are mutually aware because you understand the brutal culture of the sport. You lose the fight. However, your opponent is less careful than you and irresponsibly fails a drug test post fight.

Scenario 2: your opponent greases his body with Vaseline or any substance to gain an advantage in grappling exchanges. You did not grease, and end up losing.

Discuss

Scenario 1: you and your opponent are both using PEDs and are mutually aware because you understand the brutal culture of the sport. You lose the fight. However, your opponent is less careful than you and irresponsibly fails a drug test post fight.

DC on roids confirmed

Screen-Shot-2018-11-02-at-15.52.20.png

Scenario 2 because you lost as a result of your opponent cheating and you didn't

I'd be more pissed that the fatty I'm fighting is holding a towel at the weigh-ins.
daniel-cormier-towel-grab.jpg

jon jones vs gsp.

crazy though how gsp somehow manages to be one of the most explosive and athletic ww's in a division full of juicers... and he does it all natty.

thats right folks! everybody else juices except gsp! gsp is the cleanest athlete of all time! he doesn't even take aspirin!

natty gsp goat bless

Seriously is this a bj vs gsp thread all over again?

I'd be more pissed that the fatty I'm fighting is holding a towel at the weigh-ins.
daniel-cormier-towel-grab.jpg
This is so fucking funny to me. I knew ppl in HIGH SCHOOL wrestling that did this trick and it works. You will lose like 3lbs off the scale by hardly touching the towel

I'd just put myself in Fedor's shoes and be content with being the GOAT.

I am not convinced that PEDs work in male MMA. So, if I was a talented fighter (with the same ideology that I have now), then I would not be concerned about my opponents using PEDs, because I simply don't believe they work.

I would be more pissed about opponents greasing, opponents eye poking and not losing points, opponents grabbing the cage a million times and not losing points, opponents intentionally hitting my cup to get a 5 minute break and etc.

I believe real mechanical ways of cheating or bending the rules are more likely to cost me the fight than an opponent using PEDs.

I have gone on PubMed and I have researched papers on PEDs and male MMA fighting, and I simply haven't found any strong evidence to make me believe that PEDs work. But, I have been eye poked, and I know that can make me really lose my focus, and get hit with something I could not clearly see.

This is so fucking funny to me. I knew ppl in HIGH SCHOOL wrestling that did this trick and it works. You will lose like 3lbs off the scale by hardly touching the towel
Whats crazy is he didnt even pretend to go away for awhile and lose the weight. He came back after a minute and did the towel thing lol

Whats crazy is he didnt even pretend to go away for awhile and lose the weight. He came back after a minute and did the towel thing lol
I KNOW!!!!!!!! like wtf commission! I couldn't believe I saw that and the way it went down was even worse. Oh im 3lbs over wait let me try again omg I'm on weight how did that happen???

They let people use a towel to weigh in where you went to school?
That was not the case here...
<{CMPALM}>

They let people use a towel to weigh in where you went to school?
That was not the case here...
<{CMPALM}>
What?!?! They made CHILDREN get naked in front of adults?

It was mandatory to use a towel here. Kids tried and coaches freaked and said wait for the towel but that might be bc dale Ludwig had a huge dick. Im talking 8 in limp

What?!?! They made CHILDREN get naked in front of adults?

It was mandatory to use a towel here
You just had to cover your junk with your hands. I don't remember a towel being held up for me... it only happened once. But I saw somebldy else weigh in and dude was just ass naked with his hands in front of him.
I pretty much modeled after him. It was the only time I had to cut weight, and I still had to do that shit to make weight (after only eating salad the night before... fucking salad).
Dude even noticed my pinky toe inadvertantly hanging off of the scale. It was the sectional championship tournament, so they especially weren't fucking around about weight - but yeah, not much privacy.

Scenario 2: your opponent greases his body with Vaseline or any substance to gain an advantage in grappling exchanges. You did not grease, and end up losing.

Discuss
First example looks like an accusation that DC was juicing but only Jon was caught.
Second one is clearly GSP & BJ Penn...

I think I would rather believe DC was clean (until proven otherwise) and that GSP was not at fault (his team was for greasing him). Unless someone can prove any wrongdoing...

Obviously the 2nd. Why would it bother me if we were both on PEDs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back