One of the most underrated fighters in the UFC?

Kings MMA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Zak Cummings has to be one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. He had another impressive win against an undefeated opponent last night. Trevin Giles was a big favorite but Zak beat him up and choked him out. He has 8 wins in the UFC yet nobody knows who he is unless you remember him briefly from TUF 17 when he won his fight to get in the house with a one punch KO. His only 3 losses in the UFC have been to Gunnar Nelson (17-4), Santiago Ponzinibbio (27-3), and a split decision loss to Michel Prazeres (26-3).

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Zak-Cummings-31808

Last edited:
He's a tough dude. Not marketable but I enjoy his fights

He's also fun to watch. Guy deserves some love. He's pretty good at blending techniques, just looks gumpy at times. Pretty defensively sound too if I'm remembering correctly.

This was 2 years ago and nothing has changed even though he keeps winning and finishing fights.

No disrespect to Zak but if you call him "underrated " looking and understanding his ledger then you can call ALOT OF CURRENT UFC fighters " underrated "
meh-
Paul Felder- theres a guy in really examining his career so far would fall under such a label.

No disrespect to Zak but if you call him "underrated " looking and understanding his ledger then you can call ALOT OF CURRENT UFC fighters " underrated "
meh-
Paul Felder- theres a guy in really examining his career so far would fall under such a label.
You'll hear no arguments from me about Paul Felder! He is definitely on that list too. Although he's a lot more well known than Zak.

You'll hear no arguments from me about Paul Felder! He is definitely on that list too. Although he's a lot more well known than Zak.
I guess just waiting to see a bit more from zak- he has lost to people he was supposed to lose to ( putting last night aside)

Back