Good or bad decision?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
darren-till-ufc-228-official-weigh-ins.jpg

Darren Till Deactivates Social Media Accounts Following Arrest in Spain

Darren Till was recently arrested in Spain, for allegedly trashing a hotel room and stealing a taxi. The heavily promoted UFC contender was able to avoid serious legal issues, but had to face some pretty hefty fines for the incident. Till and his four other British companions were ordered to pay €10,000 to the Costa Adeje hotel. He was also fined €480 for hotel damages and €360 for theft of the taxi cab.

Following the controversy, Till has deactivated his Twitter and Instagram accounts. His Facebook is the only public account that remains online. According to the wayback machine, Till accumulated at least 635,000 followers on Instagram, and well over 100,000 on Twitter.

About a month prior to his arrest, Till was brutally knocked out by Jorge Masvidal in a UFC main event in London.

The 26-years-old also has a pretty troubled past. In 2012, he also was involved in a fight during a party in England, where he was stabbed twice. His coach then sent him to Brazil to avoid distractions and start over, and it is where his professional MMA career began.

In 2018, right before his UFC title fight, Till also appeared to be involved in a brawl outside a night club.

Till has an overall MMA record of 17-2-1. He has had a strong marketing push from the UFC, headlined numerous main events, and was seemingly on the brink of superstardom at one point. He is now on a two-fight losing streak, with the KO loss to Masvidal and a submission defeat against Tyron Woodley.

--BloodyElbow.com

Last edited:
Good for him. Probably a good way to stay focused on what really matters, like training for a comeback. If he did want to reactivate his profiles at some point, may be best to let a manager handle them.

Cody garbrandt did the same thing after he lost at ufc 227

Till just needs to regroup and stop hanging out with a bunch of idiots. I’m sure social media doesn’t help

“No social media presence Till” is a force to be reckoned with. I feel sorry for his next opponent.

As long as I have this picture to fall back on, I'm good with it..

12536922-0-image-m-7_1555847593269.jpg

Followers are the new currency for UFC promotion. It's a very risky decision. Understandable, but risky.

<SelenaWow>

Im not sure how the rest of my day is going to be after that one

Fighter repeatedly makes poor life decisions, putting people in danger and the headline is about Twatter.

In fairness, I guess fighters doing stupid shit isn't really news.

He should just lie low and train hard. Come back in a year and kick some ass

Darren Tills rise was too much too soon for him. I'm surprised he beat Cowboy so easily.

100.000 followers on Twitter?

Why do we even care? I say, at least a couple of millions is the point at which we should care.

Good for him. Probably a good way to stay focused on what really matters, like training for a comeback. If he did want to reactivate his profiles at some point, may be best to let a manager handle them.

Ali-Abdelaziz-Wiki.jpg

Good decision. I'm not a fighter but he's like 3 years younger than me so I can relate to what he's been going through, in a way. Just disappear for 3-5 months and focusing to get better, physically and mentally.

Cody garbrandt did the same thing after he lost at ufc 227

Till just needs to regroup and stop hanging out with a bunch of idiots. I’m sure social media doesn’t help

I'm fairly certain he IS the idiot in the group of people he hangs out with.

Horrible decision. You can have somebody from your entourage take care of this.

If you restart your Instagram and Twitter accounts, do all your followers return automatically?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back