Will Jon Jones continue to price himself out of Heavyweight for forever or will he step up ?

ferrari

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He admitedly said that only if there is a lot of money he would fight DC at HW , Because he knows the danger of not having to fight a badly dehydrated DC would be way too risky for him .
Also recently after Jon Jones called out Stipe and UFC wanted that fight so did fans and Stipe Jones backed out after realizing that he would have to fight Stipe at HW and thats not really a great matchup for him
Jones coach Winkeljohn said that they would need to pay Jones a lot of money if they want to fight "a great fighter who can punch , wrestle like Stipe"
“I mean, the man can wrestle, the man can punch, so he can do so many talented things, so you have to watch out. So it’s kind of a challenge for us as coaches and as a team. "
"Jon’s always up for the challenge((Never moved up despite teasing it for years , yeah so much up for the challenge)), he always gets excited about it. He’s always watching fight tape. I think the UFC would have to throw a lot of money at him. They want to make money too, so I can’t blame Jon for wanting to make some money as well.” - Mike Winkeljohn
He clearly wants to price himself out of fighting at heavyweight, I hope that one day we will se Jones go up in division and challenge himself against the heavyweights.

Will we ever see Jones challenge himself or will he continue to stay at his comfort zone of its weak division 205 ?

Maybe he’s just waiting for a Michael Bisping type of gatekeeper to win the HW belt on a fluke ko.

Lewis vs Jones 2023!

Didn’t read but no, he’s going to talk and talk but never move up.

Well I mean he doesn’t owe it to anyone to move out of his weight class. I would live it if he did but I’m not holding it against him

Maybe he’s just waiting for a Michael Bisping type of gatekeeper to win the belt on a fluke ko.

Lewis vs Jones 2023!
GSP wanted to fight at MW before Bisping won the belt . Also his division which is not now as good as it used to be (Still good but not that good) always had good contenders back then unlike LHW which is a complete wasteland.

Not a surprising tactic by Jones, just ask for an insane amount of money that you know the UFC will never pay. At least he’s not asking for a portion of the company lol.

Well I mean he doesn’t owe it to anyone to move out of his weight class. I would live it if he did but I’m not holding it against him
This. He has literally 0 responsibility to fight at heavyweight. Never even came close to missing weight. Jon's legacy has all the asterisks in the world, except for this one. Its stupid.

Jones move to HW is inevitable. My guess is 2020 after he cleans out the rest of lhw.

Hes one of the GOATs he has every right to get paid big.

Maybe he’s just waiting for a Michael Bisping type of gatekeeper to win the HW belt on a fluke ko.

Lewis vs Jones 2023!
Who's the Bisping of HW?

Oleynik?

Yeah Jones is definitely moving up and thrashing him if he becomes champ lol

GSP wanted to fight at MW before Bisping won the belt . Also his division which is not now as good as it used to be (Still good but not that good) always had good contenders back then unlike LHW which is a complete wasteland.
Jones wants to fight at HW too, but hasn’t yet.

How is that any different from Georges who said he wanted to fight at MW during his entire title reign? But never actually did until after he ran from the sport for 4 years.

Jones needs to have a close decision win, then duck the rematch and run from the LHW division for four years before you can say he will never fight at HW.

How is that any different from Georges who said he wanted to fight at MW during his entire title reign? But never actually did until after he ran from the sport for 4 years.

Jones needs to have a close decision win, then duck the rematch and run from the LHW division for four years before you can say he will never fight at HW.
Jones is a cheater who doesnt want any smoke with HW , a weak division too. Guys like Stipe(A great fighter) would smoke him .
Your idol idoesnt want to challenge himself . GSP actually came back from a 4 year lay-off to outskill / outstruck/knockdown / submit the middleweight champion .

Georges didn’t even say that... why are you always lying about him? Literally what George would say when asked about fighting Anderson is if he did that he would take time off to bulk up for MW.

I don’t see an issue with Jones either. He’s expressed interest in fighting at HW but never committed to the idea. Maybe I missed a lot because I don’t use twitter but it doesn’t seem to me like he is out there running his mouth or anything

Georges didn’t even say that... why are you always lying about him? Literally what George would say when asked about fighting Anderson is if he did that he would take time off to bulk up for MW.

I don’t see an issue with Jones either. He’s expressed interest in fighting at HW but never committed to the idea. Maybe I missed a lot because I don’t use twitter but it doesn’t seem to me like he is out there running his mouth or anything
@GrayArea is a known shill . He and his alter-egos are full of fake news.

Who cares at this point what Jon Jones does. But to be fair the UFC would have to spend a pretty penny to get him to do it like cut him a 2 million dollar check to fight Stiopic or something like that then I could see him doing it

Jones beat dc twice. Clearly he isn’t scared... but why move up if you make the same amount of $ fighting at LHW?

Love how some like to throw "that challenge themselves" out there? Jones can stay right where he is just like Demetrius stayed in his weight class. GSP when he was champ in his prime didn't elect to move up. It's fine. It really is fine. If it's not in their heart to move up then don't and don't let anyone else try to coerce you move up.

The second Jon wins a HW fight Sherdoggers will say that HW is even worse than LHW and winning up there means nothing. <45>

It's a zero-sum game

Love how some like to throw "that challenge themselves" out there? Jones can stay right where he is just like Demetrius stayed in his weight class. GSP when he was champ in his prime didn't elect to move up. It's fine. It really is fine. If it's not in their heart to move up then don't and don't let anyone else try to coerce you move up.
GSP moved up and become champion . DJ lost to BW GOAT Dominick Cruz and learned that he cant compete with Cruz , He used the same tactic as Jones.

Back