Media Ponzinibbio calls out Anthony Pettis.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
It appears Santiago Ponzinibbio knows exactly who he wants to fight next.

On Monday, Ponzinibbio took to Instagram to specifically call for a fight with former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, who made a successful debut at welterweight just last month.

Pettis found himself in a difficult fight with Stephen Thompson until he ended it with a Superman punch with five seconds remaining in the second round, producing a “Knockout of the Year” candidate at UFC on ESPN+ 6.

Ponzinibbio (27-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC) previously told MMA Junkie that he considered Pettis and former champion Tyron Woodley as two viable options for his return to the octagon. However, with Woodley booked in a rematch against Robbie Lawler, Ponzinibbio appears to be all in on Pettis (22-8 MMA, 9-7 UFC) and takes issue with the fact that “Showtime” has landed one spot ahead of him in the latest official UFC rankings.

@showtimepettis , there’s no way I’m going to allow you be ahead of me, come get this beating, you won’t get lucky like last time.

The Argentinian Ponzinibbio, 32, most recently appeared in the octagon last November. A hometown headliner and a fourth-round knockout of Neil Magny earned him a seventh straight win.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/ufc-s...fight-instagram/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Lmao. Smart callout by Ponz since AP is magically now a top 10 WW.

He should pick on someone his own size

Ponz would kill Pettis. Easy win.

Ponz vs Pettis will be a great main even for UFC Uruguay (August 10th Montevideo)

Weak call out. Ponzi is easily the most overrated fighter in the WW top ten.

Wonderboy vs Ponzischeme is the fight to make.

The odds are very low that Pettis will pull off another miracle, Hail Mary superman punch or off-the-cage KO kick....cause that's the only way he'll beat Ponzi, Wonderboy in a rematch or any other legit WW strikers. I like Pettis but he's too small and doesn't do well with pressure...even from FW strikers.

as much as i don't like him because he's a dirty fuck, ponz would break pettis' face.

This.

I like Santiago, but that's a weak call out. He should be asking for Colby or Askren.
Call out guys that have fights booked and/or lined up? Why? So he can wait for 6 months to a year? Pettis and Leon Edwards are about the only available guys worth calling out if he's looking to fight in the next 3-5 months.

Smart call out. Most of the top 10 is already tied up, and fighting Pettis provides a good risk-to-reward ratio.

This.

I like Santiago, but that's a weak call out. He should be asking for Colby or Askren.
I don't think its a weak call out. Ponz is on a 7 fight win streak and gets leap-frogged in the rankings by Pettis after his ONE fight in the division. Colby is gonna fight Usman next and Askren will likely fight Jorge. This call out makes total sense to me and I think he wants to prove a point.

Call out guys that have fights booked and/or lined up? Why? So he can wait for 6 months to a year? Pettis and Leon Edwards are about the only available guys worth calling out if he's looking to fight in the next 3-5 months.
Who's fighting Colby? Didn't know that he got a fight already booked. I heard that Ben is fighting Masvidal, but I stand on my point, is a weak call out, he should be asking for other fighters. Leon option sounds good for me. If he needs to wait for the for the best fight, no problem. He could be staying in shape during that period, and who knows, he could serve as a replacement for any of those that suddenly withdraw.

I don't think its a weak call out. Ponz is on a 7 fight win streak and gets leap-frogged in the rankings by Pettis after his ONE fight in the division. Colby is gonna fight Usman next and Askren will likely fight Jorge. This call out makes total sense to me and I think he wants to prove a point.
You said it right, with 7 fights win streak, he doesn't need to prove a point. He's already there and ready for anyone.
This fight it only make sense because they don't got a fight booked, but the call out is weak. Imo, he's looking for an easy payday.

Pettis needs to get the fuck out of that division while he's ahead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back