Media Masvidal promised title shot with win over Askren.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score

Wonder does the same go for Askren, if he beats Mas..

Seen quite a few fighters promised title shots if they win by the ufc and they don't get it

My guess is that Dana desperately wants Askren to lose and they told Masvidal something to motivate him even more

Not sure he deserves it but that doesn’t matter these day’s. His 3 piece clearly paid off.

Commit assault on people backstage, get title shots.

Hope all the other fighters take notice.<mma4>

Well guess Masvidal isnt getting next shot.

hqdefault.jpg

Well that confirms Jorge won't be getting a title shot if he wins.

Awesome, but its a tall order to ask Masvidal to beat Askren.

Jorge won't get past Askren
Yeah I just had an epiphany towards what Dana's problem with Askren probably is...It's his style coupled with how good he is. Dana doesn't mind guys so much who have no striking and excellent grappling as long as they're not a threat for the title, but he has a huge problem with a guy like that being a posterboy title holder for the UFC. That's what Askren is, a threat to win the title and that scares Dana. I suspect Dana likes Askren personally, but professionally, he's a huge concern.

A win over Till + Akren gets you a title shot after losing to Maia and Wonderboy.

Bizarre.

Jorge likely wont beat Askren though. He will have nothing for him on the ground. He isn't nearly as strong as Lawler. I don't see how Jorge wins. He would have to land a bomb on Askren while being careless.

Yeah I just had an epiphany towards what Dana's problem with Askren probably is...It's his style coupled with how good he is. Dana doesn't mind guys so much who have no striking and excellent grappling as long as they're not a threat for the title, but he has a huge problem with a guy like that being a posterboy title holder for the UFC. That's what Askren is, a threat to win the title and that scares Dana. I suspect Dana likes Askren personally, but professionally, he's a huge concern.

LOL.

In his wildest dreams, Dana didn't anticipate Askren generating that much interest and selling his fights that well.

Dana will become best buddies with Askren.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh Dana reallllly wants Gamebred (or someone) to end Askren, promising a title shot to someone who is 1-2 in his last 3 and was getting beat in the Till fight until the KO. I consider this a bounty put on Askren's head by Uncle Dana, how sweet it's gonna be when Funky still collects the UFC title undefeated and then retires <JonesLaugh>

giphy.gif

LOL.

In his wildest dreams, Dana didn't anticipate Askren generating that much interest and selling his fights that well.

Dana will become best buddies with Askren.

maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah, I do think Dana is thawing towards him. His exceptional personality and ability to stir things up is definitely a huge redeeming quality of Askren's but I'm not convinced that Dana's fully sold on him.

I think before Dana thought that Askren was some boring guy - kinda like Blaydes was in his last fight. So he brought him in to see him lose.
However after getting him in he saw how well he got over with the fans and he actually got to see him fight.
I can almost guarantee before the Lawler fight that Dana hadn't seen 2 different Askren fights and just assumed he was a boring LnP guy. But after he finished (controversial or not he didn't LnP he went for the finish) Lawler he changed his mind.
That is why he agreed to skip the Lawler rematch and fast track him to the title giving him the fight he asked for vs Masvidal.
It would've been very easy to make Masvidal-Edwards after that backstage fight.

Yeah, I do think Dana is thawing towards him. His exceptional personality and ability to stir things up is definitely a huge redeeming quality of Askren's but I'm not convinced that Dana's fully sold on him.

Dana White will get behind anyone who can sell tickets and PPV's.

Askren is booming into a superstar and Dana White is absolutely loving his new cash cow. Make no mistake about it. What's in the past is in the past, it's only business with Mr. White.

If Colby and Woodley both win I could see UFC cashing in on the bad blood there.

Back