Askren is the new Matt Lindland (video inside)

maxime

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ben Askren reminds me of Matt Lindland, a Lindland vs Belfort ko is coming!

I tried so hard to go that affliction event too bad I couldnt get a visa

I thought this was going to be about his b.o

Dam I’ve never noticed how long it took Matt to get up even at the end of the video he still never made it back up on his feet

Lol- Matt didnt have a lick of stand up or at least -on the feet IQ- his 22-10 record validates that and lost EVERY time he fought someone decent..... especially back then. They're both wrestlers- that's where it ends.

Last edited:
If Lindland was charismatic, likable and popular. Sure.

I don't really see it. Askren's sub game is much better and IMO his wrestling is much better suited to MMA than Lindland's was.

So how many times has askren been knocked out and how often is he twitching like a broken machine?
giphy(11).gif

Lindlands wrestling never really showed up because he would either get KOed or KO himself.

Lol- Matt didnt have a lick of stand up or at least -on the feet IQ- his 22-10 record validates that and lost EVERY time he fought someone decent..... especially back then. They're both wrestlers- that's where it ends.

And askren does???

Lmfao there the same.. Askren cant strike worth shit

BitterMeekIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

Yeah real top notch stuff ^^^^ bahaha

Askrens only decent opponent was lawler and he had to rely on a refereeing error to win lmfao

And askren does???

Lmfao there the same.. Askren cant strike worth shit

View attachment 570657

Yeah real top notch stuff ^^^^ bahaha
The difference is today now that Ben is in UFC, there will be no easy fights and his striking is shit but he seems to have a chin and some sort of movement standing.
Matt Lindland is what we call by actual definition- " a palooka".
I swear, if I had to rewrite a webster's dictionary- I'd actually put a little pix after the definition of palooka. I like really mean that.

They're both white, and wrestlers

Big drop off after that though. Lindland is the most aesthetically upsetting ppl ever

The difference is today now that Ben is in UFC, there will be no easy fights and his striking is shit but he seems to have a chin and some sort of movement standing.
I swear, if I had to rewrite a webster's dictionary- I'd actually put a little pix after the definition of palooka. I like really mean that.
Palooka. Have this like, good word and I agree.

Thats not a difference linland was in the UFC too got destroyed by dave terell fucking dave terell

There both palookas

Thats not a difference linland was in the UFC too got destroyed by dave terell fucking dave terell

There both palookas
??? How can you call Askten a palooka(yet) ?.
* which I can assure you , hes not anyway.
I also have completely no bias towards Ben, either.

??? How can you call Askten a palooka(yet) ?.
* which I can assure you , hes not anyway.
I also have completely no bias towards Ben, either.

Resume alone...

The fact he was outwrestled by lawler ( whos no slouch wrestling wise but wasnt suppose to be able to handle the funk but he elevated that ass for what would of be a 5 point throw)

Whos has he beaten? ( lawler doesnt count if your honest) Have you seen his stand up? Average and sloppy discribes askren to the tee...even the way he dresses and carries himself..( dad bod, sandals and a fucking over sized suit or whatever the hell he wears to pressers)

Resume alone...

The fact he was outwrestled by lawler ( whos no slouch wrestling wise but wasnt suppose to be able to handle the funk but he elevated that ass for what would of be a 5 point throw)

Whos has he beaten? ( lawler doesnt count if your honest) Have you seen his stand up? Average and sloppy discribes askren to the tee...even the way he dresses and carries himself..( dad bod, sandals and a fucking over sized suit or whatever the hell he wears to pressers)
I dont even know how to answer this ????
....and I'm not the type to insult posters( unless they initiate first .....and I'll probably give them one free shot to start cause it's a fight forum and fans are entitled to their opinions).

However, I have not gone over the " resume" of a Matt Lindland. I know his record(roughly) cause I've been watching for almost 21 years. He doesn't have much of one - yeah , hes fought some great fighters BUT HES LOST TO THEM ALL so I wouldn't reference resumes in this case - lol.
What was his best win? a green travis lutter?
I'm just guessing cause I dont remember him securing any pertinent wins....again- lol.

Ben Askren reminds me of Matt Lindland, a Lindland vs Belfort ko is coming!

They don’t have similar fighting styles, not even wrestling styles are you saying this because they both don’t have great striking? So every wrestler without great striking reminds you of Matt Lindland? My guess is you have never been involved in martial arts or wrestling in your life...

Back