How will Jon Jones do at HW?

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If the HW GP of Bellator is any indication, LHWs are even better at HW. A guy that Jon BEAT easily won the title up there at HW. Yes it is Bellator, but it was as good of a look as we could ask for of LHWs moving up.

I think that Jones at HW would beat most of his opponents in alarming fashion.

If he keeps even a tiny bit of the skill he has at LHW, he will be a very big problem for any HW in the division, and could EASILY win the title there as well.

EDIT:

DC in the UFC HW division as well is a GREAT indicator.

Unfortunately I think he'd do just fine.

LHWs that just don't cut weight have historically done pretty well at HW... Randy, Cain, DC, Fedor etc.

Beats most of them but goes without saying that his chances of getting flatlined are much higher there

I think Ngannou and Stipe in particular should be favored over him, even though the betting lines may not reflect that.

I don't think Jones would be able to get TDs in the first two rounds against those guys, and they're so superior as boxers and hit so much harder that they'd be able to walk him down and rattle his brain.

Unfortunately I think he'd do just fine.

LHWs that just don't cut weight have historically done pretty well at HW... Randy, Cain, DC, Fedor etc.

That is my exact thinking. DC is also a great example of this in the UFC.

He wins. People (on here) will be pissed.

Same old, same old.

Beats most of them but goes without saying that his chances of getting flatlined are much higher there

I think Ngannou and Stipe in particular should be favored over him, even though the betting lines may not reflect that.

IDK man - I suppose so on paper, but he should be so much faster, quicker than them I don't know if they'd be able to connect.

How will greatest fighter of all time do in the weakest division in MMA history do?

How will a guy who’s beaten and repeatedly taken down an Olympic gold medalist, could barely be touched by a Swedish national boxing champion, dominated the Yoel Romero of 2012 and finished him with a broken arm, outclassed world champion after world champion do in the weakest division in mma history?

Lol You all are relying on the fact that heavyweights are fatter slower have worse gas tanks and have faced weaker compition. If that’s your great hope you might as well stop watching mma. The answer is he goes undefeated.

Very poorly
I think he’s GOAT but the same way most goats do poorly a weight class above Jones will be no different

How does he beat Stipe? It’s not wrestling and it’s not striking
Ngannou has a near identical reach, underated TDD and legit one shot KO power, he’ll make rampage look like he’s throwing pillows
He trained with overeem and I believe he admitted it didn’t end well for him(corrrc me if I’m wrong)
DC, probably beats him again
Blaydes would be interesting purely because the size but Jones should piece him up.
He likely mauls JDS

He beats a lot of the lower guys but the top guys either hit too hard, are too big or both.

Have to be quicker than that!

Hendo bless.

-PNWsjsWfhVUPtb7wQJNcMl55ib4dnIar7NL4UJELbk.gif

Very poorly
I think he’s GOAT but the same way most goats do poorly a weight class above Jones will be no different

How does he beat Stipe? It’s not wrestling and it’s not striking
Ngannou has a near identical reach, underated TDD and legit one shot KO power, he’ll make rampage look like he’s throwing pillows
He trained with overeem and I believe he admitted it didn’t end well for him(corrrc me if I’m wrong)
DC, probably beats him again
Blaydes would be interesting purely because the size but Jones should piece him up.
He likely mauls JDS

He beats a lot of the lower guys but the top guys either hit too hard, are too big or both.

I think HW is very different than most classes, though.

Jones most likely would only weigh 220-230 for his fight and keep his quickness. I see him out working those guys, and especially if he keeps his speed, mauling them.

Same as Khabib would do in Welterweight )

How will greatest fighter of all time do in the weakest division in MMA history do?

How will a guy who’s beaten and repeatedly taken down an Olympic gold medalist, could barely be touched by a Swedish national boxing champion, dominated the Yoel Romero of 2012 and finished him with a broken arm, outclassed world champion after world champion do in the weakest division in mma history?

Lol You all are relying on the fact that heavyweights are fatter slower have worse gas tanks and have faced weaker compition. If that’s your great hope you might as well stop watching mma. The answer is he goes undefeated.

Dat AV kinda makes you seem biased.

Bellator HW grand prix had a bunch of old washed up HWs, so using that as an argument is pretty stupid.

Also there is a reason 95% of Jones's career is guys who he outreaches by a foot.
He would struggle with bigger guys.

Bellator HW grand prix had a bunch of old washed up HWs, so using that as an argument is pretty stupid.

Fair enough - how about DC going up and winning the belt?

Back