Mac Holding Out for a Poirier win?

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I mean, it's pretty clear he cannot beat Khabib. Outclassed every which way.

But... if Dustin wins, does Mac get the shot? Assuming he wants it, the UFC would be obligated to provide it..

I know Mac will definitely be cheering for the guy when fight night comes...

Rory staying in Bellator. I'd pick him over Khabib

That would be a good theory but I don’t think Dustin’s any more likely to win

That would be a good theory but I don’t think Dustin’s any more likely to win

Yeah for sure.. I agree with you. Khabib will be favored by a large margin.

But, he could.. just throwing it out there.

No
He’s retired

He will fight Ferguson or Cowboy(If he beats AL) next imo

For sure Conor is cheering for Dustin..

But..

giphy.gif

If DP beats Khabib the next fight will be a rematch for him against McGregor or Khabib...I think he'd fight McgrMcGr for the money and revenge

If DP beats Khabib the next fight will be a rematch for him against McGregor or Khabib...I think he'd fight McgrMcGr for the money and revenge
Khabib won’t get a rematch
He only has one defence and isn’t a draw
It will be vs Diaz or McGregor
If McGregor wins they can lowball khabib when they do McGregor khabib 2 since Khabib will have no leverage

I think Conor genuinely wants to avenge his loss to Khabib. If anything, I could see him calling out Poirier (or the other way around) to put the Interim belt on the line so that he can win it and secure himself a title shot against Khabib instead.

If Poirier upsets Khabib, they will definitely set up a rematch between him and McGregor, barring some other circumstance (like Ferguson beating Conor before then and getting the shot instead.) Conor holds a dominant win over Dustin, and Poirier would definitely like to get that one back and secure the big payday that comes along with it.

Coddled Conor wants another free title shot for no damn reason.

Back