News Does anyone care that Poirier has a charity?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s not out here trolling for attention and gives back to his community.

“Poirier’s fight kit will raise money to help build a disability playground at Prairie Elementary School in LaFayette, La., Poirier’s home city. The playground will be in honor of Aaron Hill, a 7-year-old boy from the school who died in October 2017 from a rare brain disorder called adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD).

Poirier’s nonprofit, The Good Fight Foundation, was founded in 2018 with a goal of using his UFC career to help benefit the less fortunate in and around his home city in Louisiana.

After UFC on FOX 30, he auctioned off his fight kit to be able to purchase 500 backpacks for kids at the middle school he attended.“

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/dusti...m_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation

What an absolute role model

giphy.gif

Honestly... No. Meh at best. We some cruel SOBs here. We seen a lot of shit.

Good karma comes around

I'm pretty sure he's been doing it since the Pettis fight or earlier

Good guy Poirier. Someone should tell him they can take blood from needles and tubes instead of shorts and gloves.

I like that. We have to respect a guy like him.

Just to think that the most likely GOAT here (and also most hated) in Sherdog spends all his money on coke is a bummer..

He is a fantastic fighter and a great person, how you cannot be a fan?

WAR Diamond!!

Nope, but good on him nonetheless.

He’s not out here trolling for attention and gives back to his community.

“Poirier’s fight kit will raise money to help build a disability playground at Prairie Elementary School in LaFayette, La., Poirier’s home city. The playground will be in honor of Aaron Hill, a 7-year-old boy from the school who died in October 2017 from a rare brain disorder called adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD).

Poirier’s nonprofit, The Good Fight Foundation, was founded in 2018 with a goal of using his UFC career to help benefit the less fortunate in and around his home city in Louisiana.

After UFC on FOX 30, he auctioned off his fight kit to be able to purchase 500 backpacks for kids at the middle school he attended.“

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/dusti...m_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation
much better charity than that fake publicity scam that Brian Ortega and Rener Gracie run.

Dustin seems like a great dude! Great fighter and does great things outside the octagon.

On a side note, "He's got a cousin named Cletus".

Huh? Can you give me a tldr in your own words?
Rener is using him to publicize his school so they created a nonprofit foundation that "grants" kids a scholarship to their school. Free publicity and a tax writeoff.

Still a decent gesture all things considered, but hardly the altruistic compassion that motivates Poirier's deeds.

Does anyone care? What kind of stupid fucking question is that? No, we're a bunch of heartless dicks on Sherdog. Not one person cares.

W7Dlkn.gif

Yes, I care by the way. I work with disabled people and this is something right in line with that. If MMA is ever going to be mainstream, we need more Poiriers and less McNuggets slapping phones out of people's hands.

Cunts are fucked.

Seeing other people do good things or be a better person seems to trigger some.

Back