Why do Sherdog always hate on greatness?

ortizgnp

Juice Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anderson-Silva-Jon-Jones-696x399.jpg

image.JPG

Isn't it weird that three of the most important and great fighters in the history of the sport are getting ridiculed and hated on despite their incredible accomplishments inside the octagon?
Is this just a Sherdog thing or maybe just some kind of watching the whole world burn shit going on?

How are future stars going to respect the fans of the sport and the sport itself when the fans can't even give them just a tiny bit of respect in return?

I never hated on Jones, Anderson, GSP or Aldo.

Only Hughes, Ronda and Conor.

The focus is Goatness around these parts.

Future stars would be wise not to respect the fans of this sport.

Only one person you posted is great.

It damn sure aint jones or ronda.

Eez normal, sherdog loves to slander and bash fighters.

What’s weird to me is how these guys still make threads about how much disdain they have for Honda even though she’s been retired for like 3 years.

I'm pretty sure all three of those get respect from individuals on this site.

Actually, all three get gushed over from individuals on this site.

Sherdog isn't a hive mind with a single voice.

You'll have gushers, haters, and more balanced and objective individuals in a group this large. It's unavoidable, especially in sports.

No idea
I can appreciate greatness when I see it, I seem to be in the minority.
A93235D5-03EA-473D-AA7D-E56B5214E582.jpeg 407527BD-BC33-4E42-BE2F-1B021E116A6C.jpeg BC658A1C-0E40-4355-B44D-6EF0735C1BF8.jpeg D7EF5B28-955B-437A-81B0-F04D10B9C188.gif BB06E2CE-D82F-41F7-AAC8-D17C03FC9BC7.jpeg 0F8C2848-8970-4D4C-9859-832BF8FAC5A2.jpeg 9E284605-A836-45DE-96C9-1D3CEDAFFDE4.jpeg
27F0F39F-B6A1-4E01-AC04-A6CF05CE44B2.jpeg
So much goat in this last picture
EC5AA251-1BD2-4FC0-B988-CB9A61F65A8B.jpeg

2 of them are cheats, 1 of them is just straight up unlikeable. There are at least 100 threads about this stuff everyday, you can't be for real

Jones nutsacks are on his haters minds.
Shertards hate on the GOAT for some reason, mainly cause they don't understand science.

I mean Rousey is a very unlikeable person when the MMA world was revolved around her so I'd say the flak that she gets is kinda justified. Jones? Case could be made because the whole USADA fiasco but no one really shitting on him or anything. I never see anyone shitting on Silva. Hate is a strong word is all I'm sayin. Over critical? maybe but hate? nawww.

Honestly? It's usually a backlash to overzealous fans.

I'm not saying it's right, wrong, good or bad. I'm just saying that's how it usually happens.

My supporting evidence is that the hate also occurs to non-greats who have overzealous fans.

Bitter bums throwing fits because they're not getting their way. Manchildren. <Lmaoo>

Though Ronda always rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm a two-time divorcee and have lingering women issues, so...

image.JPG

Isn't it weird that three of the most important and great fighters in the history of the sport are getting ridiculed and hated on despite their incredible accomplishments inside the octagon?
Is this just a Sherdog thing or maybe just some kind of watching the whole world burn shit going on?

How are future stars going to respect the fans of the sport and the sport itself when the fans can't even give them just a tiny bit of respect in return?
Jon Jones deserves everything that comes his way. The other two I agree.

image.JPG

You missed GSP and Fedor as well, who get huge amounts of hate. Basically, the better known you are, the more hate you get on Sherdog. Do a search on the number of hate threads, you'll find the top fighters all get about the same amount.

And basically its called "tall poppy syndrome". Mainly driven by jealousy. Its the same reason you'll hear people say Einstein or Newton or Darwin were overrated (or even idiots and wrong), why people will say the Beatles or Mozart or BB King were lousy/boring musicians, why people will say Shakespeare sucked as a writer. I suspect the top fighters are actually pleased by the amount of hate they get, it proves how good they are. No one bothers to hate on Joe Smith MMA fighter in some small local organization.

You missed GSP and Fedor as well, who get huge amounts of hate. Basically, the better known you are, the more hate you get on Sherdog. Do a search on the number of hate threads, you'll find the top fighters all get about the same amount.

And basically its called "tall poppy syndrome". Mainly driven by jealousy. Its the same reason you'll hear people say Einstein or Newton or Darwin were overrated (or even idiots and wrong), why people will say the Beatles or Mozart or BB King were lousy/boring musicians, why people will say Shakespeare sucked as a writer. I suspect the top fighters are actually pleased by the amount of hate they get, it proves how good they are. No one bothers to hate on Joe Smith MMA fighter in some small local organization.
<TheWire1>

Sprinkled some science in there, good shit. Hespek.

Powerful BB king reference

Back