Charles Oliveira vs Gillespie is a great fight to make right now

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oliveira is a big challenge for up-comer Gillespie. Gregor likes to wrestle all fight but he improved his striking as well. Oliveira is a real black belt and his muay thai is really good. If Gregor can win then top 5 opponent next.

Yeah that's the fight I want for both of them. Was hoping this thread was a fight announcement.

Oliveira is a big challenge for up-comer Gillespie. Gregor likes to wrestle all fight but he improved his striking as well. Oliveira is a real black belt and his muay thai is really good. If Gregor can win then top 5 opponent next.
I think he deserves top 5 now but I think Oliveira is very underrated. When he's on he looks like a top contender but he tends to choke when he gets his shot against top guys. I'd take Gregor pretty easily though. Felder was able to take him down and ground and pound him out without any threats from Oliveira. Not a bad fight tho

Gregor grinds him out in easy slow boring decision.

Gillespie's injured, but yeah that's a great fight.

Gregor grinds him out in easy slow boring decision.

That is a possibility I guess, but I don't see Gregor getting the better of the grappling exchanges till midway through the second. He'll be defending subs the entire time and when they're standing he'll get outstruck and wobbled. HOWEVER, if he survives Oliveira's early storm and can lay some hands on him, and maybe a clinch take down (don't go for doubles against that guillotine) it's very likely that he can take Do Bronx out late. An easy, slow, boring decision would actually be the least likely outcome I can think of here, really.

If nothing else, this fight would give us an idea just how good Gillespie's sub defense is. I say book the dang match!

Interested to see the wrestling vs jiu jitsu aspect of this fight.

That's an interesting fight, count me in!

I think that's a perfect fight for Charles. Id have him winning by some finish

I think he deserves top 5 now but I think Oliveira is very underrated. When he's on he looks like a top contender but he tends to choke when he gets his shot against top guys. I'd take Gregor pretty easily though. Felder was able to take him down and ground and pound him out without any threats from Oliveira. Not a bad fight tho
Didn't Oliveira almost subbed him in this fight?

Back