Only the UFC could mismanage a superstar like Conor

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Did they think they could push around their only star with this bs about co-main and playing trickle down economics taking more of his hard-earned PPV points to help with paying other fighters?

You'll NEVER see boxing treat a Floyd or Joshua like that. This is so small-time of the UFC and reason #385 why it'll never get to eat at the big sport table.

Same story as after Conor's loss to Nate. Dim Dana thought he could play hardball but wound up grovelling for Conor to return, now he thinks Khabib is a star outside of the MMA bubble and will be their post-Conor saviour.

Roll on Khabib V Tony and it's 450k PPV. How foolish.

I can’t get past your first paragraph...

Do you want to buy a 1 fight ppv with only Conor fighting so that none of his precious ppv points trickle down?

Dana is right to not give Conor stock in the company. Conor is on crack if he thinks that was ever going to happen.
However, Conor is still a main event fighter, biggest draw in MMA right now. If Dana really tried to lowball him into co-main or some shit, well maybe he is on crack too.

They didn't mismanage

Dana went behind wme back and made a shit load of $ with conor/floyd

Do you think the fertitta brothers would be in this situation?

With Conor only having 1 fight since Floyd

Wme got screwed by dana

The whole situation is a cluster fuck and almost a mirror of ufc 200

Either way, Conor will never walk away from MMA on a loss

Conor managed his own downfall by losing to an old man in boxing, a bum called Nate Diaz, and a bear wrestler.

He made all the money he could make, but that backed him into a corner he's now trying to puzzle out how to get out of.

I can’t get past your first paragraph...

Do you want to buy a 1 fight ppv with only Conor fighting so that none of his precious ppv points trickle down?

Ufc 229 was one of the best main cards of 2018. Of course noobs like you who only recognize the big names would love to have both Brock and Conor pn the same card, nut that doesn't even make sense for business. Giving up two 1 million plus ppv cards for one? Just to spite your biggest star? I'm sorry but it's too late t o try to put your foot down now. That train has passed.

Did they think they could push around their only star with this bs about co-main and playing trickle down economics taking more of his hard-earned PPV points to help with paying other fighters?

You'll NEVER see boxing treat a Floyd or Joshua like that. This is so small-time of the UFC and reason #385 why it'll never get to eat at the big sport table.

Same story as after Conor's loss to Nate. Dim Dana thought he could play hardball but wound up grovelling for Conor to return, now he thinks Khabib is a star outside of the MMA bubble and will be their post-Conor saviour.

Roll on Khabib V Tony and it's 450k PPV. How foolish.

Conor has been managed well, had great match ups bar Khabib. Allowed to cheat at least 14 times vs Khabib and no points deducted. Got away with a terrorist attack in New York. Difference is, in boxing the stars don't beg for a share of the promotion, they create their own and laugh all the way to the bank. DLH left that leech Bob Arum and created GoldenBoy, Floyd also left the same blood sucking leech and created Mayweather Promotions. Conor is stuck begging WME for a share like a peasant.

The UFC let him get this big; they should never have done that in the first place.

Ufc 229 was one of the best main cards of 2018. Of course noobs like you who only recognize the big names would love to have both Brock and Conor pn the same card, nut that doesn't even make sense for business. Giving up two 1 million plus ppv cards for one? Just to spite your biggest star? I'm sorry but it's too late t o try to put your foot down now. That train has passed.
Lol noobs

Go read what I wrote again since you spear to be quoting me but replying to someone else

They mismanaged hundreds of millions into everybody's bank accounts.

Apart from taking away his coward's belts, they've mismanaged everything else though

Conor might be a star, but his crap drags the sport through the mud in terms of respectability. The UFC could have rode with it, but the result might be turning the sport (even more) into trailer trash WWE-level entertainment.

They didn't mismanage

Dana went behind wme back and made a shit load of $ with conor/floyd

Do you think the fertitta brothers would be in this situation?

With Conor only having 1 fight since Floyd

Wme got screwed by dana

Pretty much this. Conor is happy, Dana is happy, WME just lost half of their projected annual revenue.

I stopped reading at push around. You are just obvious it hurts my brain

Good riddance. I hope he’s serious this time.

The UFC made Conor McGregor, not the other way around.

Do you really think he's retired ? OMG lmao

Back