When did USADA start testing UFC fighters?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Have tried to find the exact date when the testing began but can't seem to find it.

If someone could help me out that would be great as I have a list of fighters and their recent records that I need to look into.

June in some year.

They announced it shorty after Nick and Anderson failed their drug tests.

But i was pretty drunk that year, so i don't exactly remember when it came into force.

I think UFC 189.

Have tried to find the exact date when the testing began but can't seem to find it.

If someone could help me out that would be great as I have a list of fighters and their recent records that I need to look into.

the Program started July 1st 2015

The first three months was largely education, they did a bit of testing but it was very limited, mainly when they went to gyms doing seminars etc

The first deadline to file whereabouts location data etc was September 30th 2015

Testing started properly (including out of competition testing based on whereabouts filings etc) on October 1st 2015

i can tell you every fighters record since 1/10/15

I think UFC 189.

Yeh, USADA didnt test at 189, that was all NSAC, the program had technically started, but was October before they started testing properly

Look at Hendricks' record if you want a rough estimate of when they started testing.

The day when they mcafee virus scanned the whole UFC.

The time they decided Jones was exempt should signal a new era of some kind.

Back