"USADA ruined Pettis!"

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What do you tits have to say now? He lost confidence after the RDA fight and even admitted it himself, he didn't have confidence in his strikes. He wasn't some GOAT level fighter before USADA he was a guy with good BJJ off his back and good kicks at distance. Don't give him space and he's not that dangerous. He's subbed Chiesa and Oliveira and ko'd Wonderboy post USADA. Tony, RDA and Holloway would always be really tough matchups for him. Poirier and Alvarez were winnable fights though but they fought smart and managed to beat him.

I’m confused. Your op leads me to believe usada did NOT ruin him. But you said they did in the title.

Last edited:
I lean to the belief that the sport was/is generally way dirtier than anyone wants to admit, and USADA certainly did change some careers, but "USADA did it!" tends to ignore the many, many variables that can cause even the greatest fighters to falter. You won't catch me saying any fighter is guaranteed clean but there were so many other reasons Pettis hit the rough patch that he did that predate USADA's arrival by years.

Crying USADA more often than not is just a convenient way for people to bash a fighter they don't like.

Never bought into the usada theory with him
People get figured out and it takes them a while to adapt
Hard to say whether he actually has or not, but he's gotten a few good wins at least
God forbid the guy take an easy fight

It was USADA, and not the scores of knee injuries?

Last edited:
RDA's pressure ruined Pettis.

what is the point you're making, you incoherent pleb. did USADA ruin him or not?

Pettis has always been a great fighter but he is very inconsistent. He wins some and he loses some. Nothing has changed and probably won't.

Yes sherdogs running theme that triggers me most is losing fighters in the usada era are/were doping.

How about they just started losing? All fighters across all times start sliding at some point and the poor bastards who do during usada getting painted with the doping brush. Weidman another great example.

He wasn't known as "Shelf Time" for nothing. People like to blame USADA and I admit his physique is nowhere near how he looked Pre-USADA, but the same goes for 75% of the roster going by that. The guy spent a shit ton of time being injured. His Pull-Out game would make Aldo blush.

I'd say his wins lately outside of Wonderyboy have been predictable. Even if he lost a step nobody would really give Chiesa the edge and Do Bronx, as awesome as he is, literally has less heart than Pettis. People forget Pettis was a world champion and is still an elite fighter. He looked very good against Ferg as well, which people seem to discredit and just call him a quitter.

Dude looked amazing even when Wonderyboy was winning the fight. He tore up the legs and body of WB then knocked him the fuck out. Pettis has always been great but couldn't really deal with pressure well which is where pretty much all of his losses comes from.

What do you tits have to say now? He lost confidence after the RDA fight and even admitted it himself, he didn't have confidence in his strikes. He wasn't some GOAT level fighter before USADA he was a guy with good BJJ off his back and good kicks at distance. Don't give him space and he's not that dangerous. He's subbed Chiesa and Oliveira and ko'd Wonderboy post USADA. Tony, RDA and Holloway would always be really tough matchups for him. Poirier and Alvarez were winnable fights though but they fought smart and managed to beat him.

Are u accusing him of being on steroids in the past? If so man up and say it.....

USADA is a joke. Do people still believe in how good they are? They're shit, their tests are flawed and they're corrupt. Fuck them.

Pettis fan to the end!

Not sure if it was USADA but the timeline shows he went from being dominant to .5 fighter. Not really convinced it was USADA he can still beat high level fighters where fighters like Barao and Hendricks couldn't be top 15 anymore. Pettis just isn't the man anymore.

Back