Would GSP have had the same success at MW vs the elite contenders in 2017?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whittaker, Rockhold, jacare, Romero,mousasi, Weidman, etc.

Would GSP have taken the fight challenge if one of these men held the belt instead of Michael Ping? How would George have fared against these others?

He would have beat moose but that's probably it

Its common knowledge that GSP cherry picked Ping and he would have stayed retired had Whittaker, Rockhold, Jacare, Romero, Mousasi, Weidman, etc. been the champ.

He would have beat moose but that's probably it
Moose would dominate GSP. 50-45 or finish late.

His TDD isnt amazing but its great enough that he can get up if he is taken down by a smaller man and just outsize, outjab and outstrike GSP.

AHAHAHAAHHHAHAHABHABABABABAB

Delusional lil fanboy
Moose has very little wrestling defence you delusional fanboy. This is why it's the best matchup of all them for gsp

Moose would dominate GSP. 50-45 or finish late.

His TDD isnt amazing but its great enough that he can get up if he is taken down by a smaller man and just outsize, outjab and outstrike GSP.
Possibly but I feel hes still the best matchup on that list for gsp

Whittaker, Rockhold, jacare, Romero,mousasi, Weidman, etc.

Would GSP have taken the fight challenge if one of these men held the belt instead of Michael Ping? How would George have fared against these others?
2017 GSP ? I see him beating some of them but not all of them .
Prime GSP ? I give him a chance on beating every single one of them .

Possibly but I feel hes still the best matchup on that list for gsp
Id say Rockhold is an easier fight because of his terrible striking defence. He can have Rockhold second guessing by mixing TD attempts etc and completely beat him on the feet.

I dont think he beats Romero, Jacare, Moose, MW Bobby, and Rockhold in all honesty though.

But I also thought he'd struggle and maybe lose to Bisping, so wtf do I know, its MMA, and shit happens.

Hell no, the guys you named are really difficult style match ups and are bigger and stronger. Whittaker would probably be the easiest since he's a jack of all trades and is most similar in size to himself.

Id say Rockhold is an easier fight because of his terrible striking defence. He can have Rockhold second guessing by mixing TD attempts etc and completely beat him on the feet.

I dont think he beats Romero, Jacare, Moose, MW Bobby, and Rockhold in all honesty though.

But I also thought he'd struggle and maybe lose to Bisping, so wtf do I know, its MMA, and shit happens.

He did get rocked by Bisping.

No, I also think Kelvin Gastelum would stuff his TDs and outbox him (pretty badly) on the feet into a UD or more likely a TKO.

He was also rusty and gassed at a higher weightclass after 4 years.
But he pulled it off.
Honestly a great win.

I think it was more to do with his gameplan. He came to get a finish and to do it with striking, GSP hasn't fought like that since before Serra.

No, I also think Kelvin Gastelum would stuff his TDs and outbox him (pretty badly) on the feet into a UD or more likely a TKO.
Hells fucking no.

GSP would beat Gastelum, especially at 170.

50-45.

Moose has very little wrestling defence you delusional fanboy. This is why it's the best matchup of all them for gsp
Yet he neutralized and beat Weidman, a stronger and bigger wrassler than Georges

Mousasi's TDD has come a long way, Latifi couldn't get close to a takedown on him when Mousasi had an injured ACL and Weidman started having trouble getting takedowns after a round.

Back